Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GMR-15 Ultralight PCC Ready Rifle - Thoughts/advice/ promo code?

Good Evening,

I am looking to get into the PCC game and wanted to know anyones thoughts and advice on the GMR-15 Ultralight PCC Ready Rifle. I see it listed on JP's site for $1799. It is a call to order item so not sure of the wait time on it. Does anyone offer a promo or coupon code for this particular build? It looks to be a solid out of the box PCC shooter. Thanks in advance for the thought and info. 

Take Care,

-SS

Good Evening,

I am looking to get into the PCC game and wanted to know anyones thoughts and advice on the GMR-15 Ultralight PCC Ready Rifle. I see it listed on JP's site for $1799. It is a call to order item so not sure of the wait time on it. Does anyone offer a promo or coupon code for this particular build? It looks to be a solid out of the box PCC shooter. Thanks in advance for the thought and info. 

Take Care,

-SS

Doubt you’ll find any codes unless JP is running a sale.
I will say tho that after shooting one for years it’s one of the most reliable guns I own. While i see other PCC’s and mcx’s go sown the JP just runs and runs. I have over 50,000 on mine and the only thing I had to replace was the rubber washers on the silent buffer.

I plan on buying another one soon and it’ll be the lightweight barrel option. That’s the only thing. I wish I had a slightly lighter version.
I also have one of their CTR02 comp rifles and it’s [emoji1476]mint

If you search for “what PCC I should buy?” I doubt you’ll find anyone say anything else. Just save yourself the trouble and buy once, cry once. Buy a JP and never look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 minute ago, 2Alphamikenoshoot said:

I will say tho that after shooting one for years it’s one of the most reliable guns I own. While i see other PCC’s and mcx’s go sown the JP just runs and runs. I have over 50,000 on mine and the only thing I had to replace was the rubber washers on the silent buffer.

I plan on buying another one soon and it’ll be the lightweight barrel option. That’s the only thing. I wish I had a slightly lighter version.
I also have one of their CTR02 comp rifles and it’s emoji1476.pngmint

If you search for “what PCC I should buy?” I doubt you’ll find anyone say anything else. Just save yourself the trouble and buy once, cry once. Buy a JP and never look back.

Good deal. Thanks for the info. The new model with the 5" barrel and the shroud is supposedly 1 pound or so lighter than the regular GMR-15.  Saw a review on youtube and it looks pretty sweet. They have an access point to the crown of the barrel to clean/ etc. Comp is built into the shroud. 

Good deal. Thanks for the info. The new model with the 5" barrel and the shroud is supposedly 1 pound or so lighter than the regular GMR-15.  Saw a review on youtube and it looks pretty sweet. They have an access point to the crown of the barrel to clean/ etc. Comp is built into the shroud. 

Yep. That’s why I want it.
I’ve used the regular barreled one forever. Even on carbine matches it does awesome even out to 100 yards. But I want something just slightly lighter for shorter range matches.

6 hours ago, 2Alphamikenoshoot said:

I also have one of their CTR02 comp rifles and it’s emoji1476.pngmint

Couldn't have said it better.  I only have about 2000 rounds through my GMR-15, I have 5 times that many through other PCCs - all of which required "tweaking".  I like to shoot guns, not work on them.  Go for the JP, you won't be disappointed.  I have a 14.5 welded comp not the ultralight but am ready to order an ultralight upper so I can swap it out depending on what I am shooting.  

The JP guys are outstanding to deal with.  

Phil 

On 1/24/2020 at 10:28 PM, Stephen7942 said:

Good Evening,

Take Care,

-SS

Wait times on Ready Rifles are prebuilt and should ship within a week of purchase. I love the GMR-15 Ultralight setup. It really shines in Steel Challenge where transitions are everything but I've also shot mine in USPSA matches and love it. 

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. 

Picture1.jpg

5 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Wait times on Ready Rifles are prebuilt and should ship within a week of purchase. I love the GMR-15 Ultralight setup. It really shines in Steel Challenge where transitions are everything but I've also shot mine in USPSA matches and love it. 

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. 

Picture1.jpg

awesome! Thanks for the info! I am between the ultralite and the match PCC models. Will be mainly shooting USPSA with it.

Your gun looks great with the MRO on it. That’s what I plan to put on mine as well since I have one sitting on the shelf! 

Hopefully I’ll make up my mind soon enough between the two models.

I have RO'd a number of matches here in the SW.  My personal observation and conclusions are that JP is the most reliable PCC I have seen in matches.

Yes, I am a fan of JP, I own several. 

If I purchased another PCC, I would be hard pressed to get anything but a JP.  That said, I don't have private school fees, college fees, new car or house payments.  Still, I would budget my money to buy once, not three or four times and put my gunsmith's kids through college.