Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP01 Barrel vs CZ SP01 Shadow Barrel.

gregj529

I recently bought an extra barrel for my CZ SP01 Shadow.   It was listed as an SP01 barrel.   Once I got it I noticed a difference in them.  The Shadows barrel appears to be a little thicker.  Also it was much more loose around the bushing.  Can anyone tell me what Barrel I need for my CZ SP01 Shadow?  They are both 9mm barrels. Thank you for any help provided.

barrels.jpg

Edited by gaj529
Added more information.

16 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Shadow does indeed use a different barrel. Is there a firing pin block in your slide? Does the slide say Shadow on it?

I thought the sp01 and the shadow 1 are identical except for the firing pin block system?

Is it possible he ended up with a 75b barrel? The 75b barrel is smaller outer diameter than the sp01.

4 minutes ago, gaj529 said:

I just compared this to an sp01 non shadow.   It was the tactical model.  Same barrel that’s in it.   I’m so confused at this point. 

Do you have a calipers? If so measure the outer diameter of both barrels and post the sizes. I'll measure my sp01 safety model.

Yes, the 0.500"  thinner barrel is a regular CZ75B barrel....

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/barrels-complete-upper/cz-75-barrel-9mm-4-70-standard.html

SP01 and  SP01/CZ75B Shadow do share the same 0.550" barrel....

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/barrels-complete-upper/cz-75-sp01-barrel-9mm-4-925-ext.html

You were sent a regular CZ75B barrel.

• 2 years later...
On 1/24/2020 at 2:03 PM, je85 said:

I measured my sp01 safety model and it's .549.

It now has a threaded barrel and comp for open, I ordered a sp01 barrel.

I believe who sold you that barrel shipped a standard 75b barrel.

What threated barrel did you get, and would it be the same for the manual safety model?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 4:17 PM, Dstickan said:

What threated barrel did you get, and would it be the same for the manual safety model?

I just have the standard sp01 threaded barrel. No difference between safety models and that goes for all the parts other then FCG.