Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Axiom Stock Grip

Gregg K

I decided to play around with a 10/22 for steel so I got an Axiom stock. The grip is a lot smaller than what I like so I was wondering if anyone had tried any grip sleeves on the Axiom and if so was the fit good enough on any of them. I wanted to get a larger diameter that would also move my finger away from the trigger some. I normally use the large Ergo tactical deluxe which if pretty fat.

I ended up putting the same Hogue grip sleeve on. It was a real fight to get it on but I know after a while it will stretch out. The grip was still too small so I just taped some pipe foam around the back to act as a filler to get an idea how much filler I need. I ordered a large M&P grip insert and will try to adapt it to the Axiom grip. What I have now with the foam works but isn't very eloquent.

1 hour ago, Gregg K said:

I ended up putting the same Hogue grip sleeve on. It was a real fight to get it on but I know after a while it will stretch out. The grip was still too small so I just taped some pipe foam around the back to act as a filler to get an idea how much filler I need. I ordered a large M&P grip insert and will try to adapt it to the Axiom grip. What I have now with the foam works but isn't very eloquent.

....and we know eloquence is important;) Regardless, I’m anxious to see the M&P grip insert mod because I don’t particularly like the skinny Axiom grip.

if you want to try several different finger groove or thickness options, I stacked  longer and shorter sections of bicycle inner tube , and covered the final design with an outside  tube... in the days before Hogue made grips for the AR, and Ergo had only one style... regards