Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alien Pistol by Laugo SHOT SHOW 2020

Jcgatus

3 hours ago, valerko said:

then there's also aftermarket support , which I imagine is gonna be none in US , with only 500 models coming in and doubt there's gonna be significantly cheaper version anytime soon . Getting accessories from Europe will be PITA

There are already cheaper versions available in Canada.  Factory support has been good so far for me.  I have accessories on the way (through Canadian distributor) after dealing with Laugo Arms.  

well , believe it or not , Canadians somehow get it easier then us . Same story with Grand Power , They had Match version for a while now and US version is nowhere to be seen . How much is a cheaper version of Alien and what does it come with ?

It would be an amazing gun for CO in it’s original form, but I would say it is 100% never gonna be approved in the original form.  Will the “retro mount” be approved?  I am betting against the gun being approved for Production, if it was it might be a game changer IF it was affordable

6 hours ago, valerko said:

well , believe it or not , Canadians somehow get it easier then us . Same story with Grand Power , They had Match version for a while now and US version is nowhere to be seen . How much is a cheaper version of Alien and what does it come with ?

The cheaper version was alomst 20% cheaper than the initial release.

6 hours ago, zhunter said:

It would be an amazing gun for CO in it’s original form, but I would say it is 100% never gonna be approved in the original form.  Will the “retro mount” be approved?  I am betting against the gun being approved for Production, if it was it might be a game changer IF it was affordable

In IPSC it is approved for production and with the retro mount, it is good to go in production optics.

16 hours ago, Zerofade said:

In IPSC it is approved for production and with the retro mount, it is good to go in production optics.

I don't believe there has been any confirmed word of whether the Alien is approved for IPSC Prod Optics with the retro mount.....where did you get that information ???

Edited by race1911

2 hours ago, race1911 said:

I don't believe there has been any confirmed word of whether the Alien is approved for IPSC Prod Optics with the retro mount.....where did you get that information ???

One of the owners told me at ShotShow . They had to retrofit it , so optic moves with slide . It was not IPSC legal in it's original form ,as optic wasn't moving while shooting .

I don't see why this wouldn't be Production and CO legal. It fit's the Bill. Hudson made it to production list 

16 minutes ago, zhunter said:

I wonder if they have submitted paperwork to USPSA?

I doubt it . Lancer arms would have to do that . One of few good things of IDPA is , that there's no list . It makes the weight ,fits the box and rules , it's legal .

Wonder if Alien fits IDPA box ?

5 hours ago, valerko said:

One of the owners told me at ShotShow . They had to retrofit it , so optic moves with slide . It was not IPSC legal in it's original form ,as optic wasn't moving while shooting .

I don't see why this wouldn't be Production and CO legal. It fit's the Bill. Hudson made it to production list 

Alien with iron sights is on the IPSC Production list.

From IPSC Rules, APPENDIX D4a: Production Optics Division:

14. Only handguns listed as approved in the Production Division List on the IPSC website and fitted with an optical/electronic sight may be used in Production Optics or Production Optics Light Divisions.

18.2 Aftermarket open and optical/electronic sights (see Rules 5.1.3.1 and 5.1.3.2) and mounting plates are permitted, provided their installation and/or adjustment requires no alteration to the handgun other than the milling of the slide in order to facilitate the installation of an optical/electronic sight.

------> Approved for Production Optics, when the dot is mounted on the slide. The slide is interpreted as the moving part, so installation is a little awkward.

...it is my understanding that in the original form it is approved for Production and ONLY in its original form by either using a mounting plate to replace the rear sight , or having the slide milled to accept an optic would it then be legal in IPSC Prod Optics.....any other method or retrofit would NOT be legal.....due to the slide (moving part) on the Alien being where it is it would be near impossible for it to mount an optic by one of those two methods and be Prod Optic legal......and then you would also have to fight the differing interpretations of various range officials as to its validity...I may be wrong and maybe only my interpretation of what I have read in various forums

Edited by race1911