Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Zoomy

Super 1050 tool head bolt stuck

I have a Super 1050 that I purchased used ( little over 1 year old). It was originally ordered set up for 9mm and never changed over to another caliber. Im switching to .40 S&W and need this to remove the tool head to switch the shell plate. I cannot remove the tool head mounting bolt. I've tried everything except a impact wrench which I'm hesitant to use.

even tried a socket wrench with a 12” cheater pipe. Unless its a left hand thread or there is locktite on why it should be that tight. Anybody else have this problem?

Sounds like loc tite but who would do that. Maybe who you bought it from didn’t clean it or something and it seized up but probably not. Your good with impact just make sure you loosen only 😂 you’ll be good won’t hurt nothing. 

Thanks. Impact did it no problems. No loctite but very gritty. Even after it broke loose i could not turn it out by hand.

7 hours ago, Zoomy said:

Thanks. Impact did it no problems. No loctite but very gritty. Even after it broke loose i could not turn it out by hand.

Good deal. When it’s all cleaned up wire brush the threads and put a little oil on them before you tightened it back up. 

On 1/23/2020 at 7:29 AM, Dirtchevy841 said:

Good deal. When it’s all cleaned up wire brush the threads and put a little oil on them before you tightened it back up. 

Instead of oil, I would add a little antiseize compound to the threads.