Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Evolution vs Dillon 1050

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, fedupflyer said:

Now that the Mark 7 presses have been out for a while, do those that went from a Dillion 1050 to a Mark 7 regret your move or would you do it again?

Leaning toward getting a Mark 7 this fall 'cause I am tired of pulling the handle on the 650.

I bought an Evo and sold my 1050 which had a M7 autodrive set up. i had so many troubleshooting issues with the M7 that I would not do it again. Now it’s all fine but it took literally 6 months of back and forth and replacement components and one full return to get things right. Maybe it was just the fact that mine was early on in their production.  But the time I wasted I’ll never get back. 

‘’if you are a tinkerer type with any mechanical proclivities it’s prolly fine now. Like I said, now my system is flawless and reliable and I can happily make a months ammo (2-3k)  in 1.5 hours. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2020 at 12:10 PM, chgofirefighter said:

I know someone that has one, well the guy has the top of the line Mark 7 Revolution and yes it’s more robust, runs smooth as butter, it’s very well made CNC vs Cast parts of the Dillon. More stations, it’s a serious serious machine but at 10k it should be!  I’m just interested in the manual one for now. I know that Dillon came out with the 1100 but it’s still a cast made press. Dillon has one thing going, it’s name and reputation but those days are over. 

What is wrong with cast?