Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best AR9 trigger $120 and under?

Like the title says, whats the best trigger out there for a PCC, from about $120 on down. 

I start at that price because the PSA Custom 3.5 lb trigger is that price, and I've heard great things about it.  I've also seen some triggers for around $80.  I have a PSA PCC with their enhanced polished trigger, which will be a good starter for my boys since they'll be shooting it the most.  But once they get the hang of it, that 5+ lb trigger has got to go. 

I'm not familiar with what makes a trigger work or not work in an AR9.  It seems like most of the triggers discussed in this forum are over $200, which I'm just not interested in.  There's gotta be a bang for your buck trigger out there in this saturated AR market.  

Any recommendations? 

The issue isn’t finding a trigger in this price range.

It’s that blowback 9mm guns utilize a much heavier bolt moving more rapidly than a gas-operated rifle caliber.

Handgun calibers are much harder on the action. In particular, the trigger. There are a lot of very good, expensive triggers that will die quickly if they’re run in a 9mm gun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hiperfire is supposed to be releasing their new PDI triggers in the coming weeks and they’re listing them at $180MSRP... so “street price” should be close enough to $120 that it might be a great option? I spoke to one of their reps about them, and he mentioned several times that them being “PCC tough” was a huge focus in their design...

Up until recently, I would have suggested the Rise RA-140, but now that I'm getting closer to the 1k rounds mark, I'm starting to have reset issues. 

I'll fire half a mag and then get a dead trigger. I can push forward on the trigger and it will reset and fire on.

Time to find something better I suppose. 

My favorite trigger for AR & PCC is Geissele G2S. It’s a 2 stage that is easy & quick for single action type shots, but has that 2 stage feel when longer or more precise shots are needed. They can be had in your price range, when on sale. 

for a single stage upgraded trigger I like the ALG Advanced Combat Trigger. Dim the & crisp with a nice reset. 

6 minutes ago, mitommy said:

My favorite trigger for AR & PCC is Geissele G2S. It’s a 2 stage that is easy & quick for single action type shots, but has that 2 stage feel when longer or more precise shots are needed. They can be had in your price range, when on sale. 

for a single stage upgraded trigger I like the ALG Advanced Combat Trigger. Dim the & crisp with a nice reset. 

at the penna great outdoor show, the geissele rep said their alg act was their best option for pcc.  with their other ones not holding up well in a pcc.

• 2 weeks later...

Davidson defense has some very inexpensive drop-in triggers that are 90-120, and 2.5 to 3 lbs. One person in this thread suggested the 3-gun trigger. Anyone else have experience with these? The price is great. The longevity is what I'm concerned about. The oddball descriptions on their website does mention using high- grade steel, but poorly written text either means " dont trust them" or that it was written by the machinist, not a marketing guy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk