Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sanity Check: getting OUT of reloading

rjacobs

8 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

There's a place locally selling 9mm for 80 cents per round. Glad I got into reloading when I did.

Right now I’m very glad I can load about 15k rounds of 9mm without leaving my house for anything. ;) 

But I sure do wish I’d grabbed more primers. I have the bullets and powder to load another 20k rounds.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I’m very glad I can load about 15k rounds of 9mm without leaving my house for anything. [emoji6] 

But I sure do wish I’d grabbed more primers. I have the bullets and powder to load another 20k rounds.

I learned that lesson over a decade ago...primers, then powder, then bullets...

Just took inventory last night:

Primers on Hand

SP - 60,500

LP - 14,600

SR - 45,800

LR- 20,800

And more powder than I’ll probably ever use...but as another guy on here said...I’ll sure give it my best.

Probably set on projectiles for a couple years based on the 3-4 a week I currently shoot.

There are so many people making bullets you’ll always be able to find something. May not be your first choice if in a pinch, but it will keep you shooting. And if you have a stockpile it allows you to be patient and wait for what you want/sales.

As someone who made that "not shooting, sell guns and reloader and supplies" decision.......   just DON'T.  Playing the "if only" game now and seeing it'll cost probably 2 1/2 times as much to do all over again!!  

-M