Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger Super GP100 8 shot 9mm

FENWICK7

I'd be intrested also I see they've got them listed on grab a gun. Like to see real world information on this. Oh while I was on grab a gun looking couldn't resist buying a Taurus 692. Haven't seen much on that either but at that price I'll play with it. Will post results when I get it and shoot it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You must mean the Super GP100??

One of the nicest double actions that I've tried was a regular GP100 that had been polished and tweaked by a guy who knew what he was doing. Mine is just sort of OK (out of the box).

I have no doubt the Super GP100 is better, and can be improved.

37 minutes ago, perttime said:

One of the nicest double actions that I've tried was a regular GP100 that had been polished and tweaked by a guy who knew what he was doing. Mine is just sort of OK (out of the box).

Super is correct.

I've worked on a blue and stainless 692 6" I like them timing on cylinders is great nice early lock, the stainless is magnetic and must have fair amount of steel, it machines and polishes nicely. Lot more gun for the money than S&W. 

mainly the asthetics. the hump at the top of the grip.The barrel shroud is really neat but

the half cut outs on the cylinder look cheesey to me.Good single action pull and D/A was

ok but you would want to clean it up for competition. not sure if Hogue is making many

grips for it. I did go back to the gun show this am and they were both sold if that tells you

anythinf. 

1 minute ago, FENWICK7 said:

mainly the asthetics. the hump at the top of the grip.The barrel shroud is really neat but

the half cut outs on the cylinder look cheesey to me.Good single action pull and D/A was

ok but you would want to clean it up for competition. not sure if Hogue is making many

grips for it. I did go back to the gun show this am and they were both sold if that tells you

anythinf. 

Hogue does indeed make grips for it.

And the cut outs on the cylinder serve a purpose - Lighten the cylinder , which is a good thing. 

• 4 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, who is that guy?