Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA REVOLVER HOLSTER ?

TheGoatMumbler

What revolver holsters are widely used in IDPA? Comp Tac & Blade Tech both claim to have themfor my S&W 686 4"  but can't get a pic on either website? Also, a recommendation for speedloader pouches for the Safariland Comp III speedloaders.

Thanks

I have a set of Ready Tactical speedloader holders for Safariland comp III's. I like them a lot, but I'm not sure if they're still being produced. I use a Comp Tac holster for my 686. It works fine for IDPA but I was not very impressed with it's fit, there is some wiggle front to back. Not enough of a problem for me to get something else, but if I was doing it again I would try a Bladetech.

I am very happy with my Comp Tac from Speed Beez for my 625.  I use Comp III's with my K frames and run holders from either

Speed Beez or 4wheelguns - don't recall.

Edited to add: Comp Tac from the same source for my K frames also and just as Happy.

Edited to add: I run Blade Tech on my 1911 and just as Happy.

Edited by synchronicity

My Wife and I are running Ready Tactical holsters and speedloader pouches and IMO they are the best.  These were purchased from Chris Patty at Shooters Connection.  Thanks Chris.

A search has come up with zero results for the revolver holsters and pouches, 

Comp Tac has a very good revolver holster and the pouches look OK.

\If you go Comp Tac, you will need the #6 speedloader pouch for the Comp III's.

Caveat, I live in Alabama and shoot with both Chris and Bill.

I have mostly Ready Tac holsters, but like the Master Tac speedloader carriers.

Anecdote Alert:

Early days, Chris made a magazine carrier I call the Claw.  It was geometrically similar to the sheet metal Safariland clip clip, but more secure, so when Bville wanted to ban the Safariland device without calling names, they put in the requirement that the carrier cover the outer face of the magazine.  So Chris came up with one.  He laughed, saying it is even faster to draw from than the Claw.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 9:43 PM, FWSixgunner said:

Does Blade Tech even make revolver holsters anymore?

I looked & looked for one for my GP 100 and finally bought a Garret Industries Silent Thunder. A little pricey but a very nice holster.

Yes.

https://blade-tech.com/collections/holster-finder?_=pf&pf_opt_make=Ruger&pf_opt_model=GP 100 4.2"

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2020 at 11:38 AM, Jim Watson said:

Anecdote Alert:

Early days, Chris made a magazine carrier I call the Claw.  It was geometrically similar to the sheet metal Safariland clip clip, but more secure, so when Bville wanted to ban the Safariland device without calling names, they put in the requirement that the carrier cover the outer face of the magazine.  So Chris came up with one.  He laughed, saying it is even faster to draw from than the Claw.  

LOL I love unintended consequences...........

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...