Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig MPX PCC won’t group

My MPX PCC did the same thing. It won't group with Xtreme 147's, though there was an issue with the rifle, have to double check everything. Tried the Xtreme and Remington 124's and it groups really nice. Try a different weight bullet.

On 1/19/2020 at 7:32 PM, George16 said:

The MPX PCC model barrel screws torque spec is 20 in-lbs, 40 in- lbs is for the gen 1 and 2 models.

Where is this stated? Can’t find this online anywhere... The manual that came with my MPX PCC “Gen 3” states 40in-lbs for the barrel screws, and was set at about that when I took it down fully the first time (so that’s what I’ve been torquing it to)..?

On topic, mine seems to group pretty well with factory 115’s and 124’s, opens up a bit with 147’s and Syntech 150’s, loves the Syntech 130gr stuff and makes 1 hole at USPSA-distances with that stuff...

11 minutes ago, ck1 said:

Where is this stated? Can’t find this online anywhere... The manual that came with my MPX PCC “Gen 3” states 40in-lbs for the barrel screws, and was set at about that when I took it down fully the first time (so that’s what I’ve been torquing it to)..?

Page 71 of the manual that came with my MPX PCC “gen 3”  under 5.4 Reassembly - Continued, step 8 states, “Insert the barrel and gas block assembly fully into the upper receiver and replace the barrel clamping screw with a T25 Torx  wrench and torque to 20-25 lb-in.”

Unless Sig change the torque specs again, who knows what the actual specs should it be at. What revision is your manual? 

on topic, my MPX PCC shoots tight groups using 124 Gr PD JHP with 4.0 Gr sport pistol.

20 minutes ago, George16 said:

Page 71 of the manual that came with my MPX PCC “gen 3”  under 5.4 Reassembly - Continued, step 8 states, “Insert the barrel and gas block assembly fully into the upper receiver and replace the barrel clamping screw with a T25 Torx  wrench and torque to 20-25 lb-in.”

Unless Sig change the torque specs again, who knows what the actual specs should it be at. What revision is your manual? 

Thanks.

The manual that came with mine is the same as this:

https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/MPX.pdf

IDK, somehow it doesn’t surprise me that Sig would ship a $1700 gun with an older out-of-date manual though lol 😂🙄

I’m going to try to remember to call them tomorrow to find out what’s the deal... I doubt torquing it to 40lb-in did any damage and mine works great and has even held zero, but I’d like to know just in case...

Edited by ck1
6 minutes ago, ck1 said:

Thanks.

The manual that came with mine is the same as this:

https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/MPX.pdf

IDK, somehow it doesn’t surprise me that Sig would ship a $1700 gun with an older out-of-date manual though lol 😂🙄

I’m going to try to remember to call them tomorrow to find out what’s the deal... I doubt torquing it to 40lb-in did any damage and mine works great and has even held zero, but I’d like to know just in case...

Ck1, that’s the manual for the gen 2. I have that manual too since I also have a 8” gen 2 MPX. The 40 in-lb torque spec can be found on page 69 of that manual. The front cover is black and if you look at the picture of the MPX on the cover, the MPX has the keymod handguard instead of the mlok which comes with the PCC model.

The PCC model “gen 3” manual has a white cover and the MPX pictured has an mlok handguard on it. My manual revision date is December 2018 and I bought my MPX PCC model directly from the Sig Pro shop last May 2019.

I doubt it did any damage by torquing it to 40 in-lbs. Just let them know that the manual you receive with your PCC was a revision date of 2016. It’s very outdated. If you check the pictures of the BCG in the manual, you’ll be surprised because it won’t match with your actual BCG. Your manual still shows the one piece BCG whereas your PCC model has the two-piece BCG.

4 minutes ago, George16 said:

Ck1, that’s the manual for the gen 2. I have that manual too since I also have a 8” gen 2 MPX. The 40 in-lb torque spec can be found on page 69 of that manual. The front cover is black and if you look at the picture of the MPX on the cover, the MPX has the keymod handguard instead of the mlok which comes with the PCC model.

The PCC model “gen 3” manual has a white cover and the MPX pictured has an mlok handguard on it. My manual revision date is December 2018 and I bought my MPX PCC model directly from the Sig Pro shop last May 2019.

I doubt it did any damage by torquing it to 40 in-lbs. Just let them know that the manual you receive with your PCC was a revision date of 2016. It’s very outdated. If you check the pictures of the BCG in the manual, you’ll be surprised because it won’t match with your actual BCG. Your manual still shows the one piece BCG whereas your PCC model has the two-piece BCG.

Yeah, I had noticed the manual was the older keymod model, but just figured a Sig hadn’t bothered to update the manual....

Thanks for your help, I’m definitely going to get in touch with Sig just to make sure I’m covered (and to get a hold of the newer/correct manual)...

Edited by ck1
3 minutes ago, ck1 said:

Yeah, I had noticed the manual was the older keymod model, but just figured a Sig hadn’t bothered to update the manual....

Thanks for your help, I’m definitely going to get in touch with Sig just to make sure I’m covered (and to get a hold of the newer/correct manual)...

You’re welcome. Hopefully, you’ll get everything sorted out.

Now, back to our regular program 😂 😆 

2 minutes ago, ck1 said:

FWIW, Sig CS got back to me about the correct barrel screw torque for the PCC model: 30 inch pounds!

(so not 40 like the older Gen’s, AND not 20-25 like the newest manual says lol 🙄😂😜)

They’re playing it safe by splitting it down the middle 😆🤣.

I’ll call on Monday just to mess with them and let them know that they need to recall their outdated manual for the new PCC model 😝.

4 minutes ago, George16 said:

They’re playing it safe by splitting it down the middle 😆🤣.

I’ll call on Monday just to mess with them and let them know that they need to recall their outdated manual for the new PCC model 😝.

Hahaha awesome 😜!