Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC only loads

10 hours ago, mellino19 said:

but how many USPSA/PCC matches have shots out to those distances.

While I understand wanting to have good groups out that far, I don’t see it mattering for most stage setups, especially 100 yards.

I shoot several with targets at 100, a "group" at 20 is "buckshot" at 100.

Even a 2" group at 50 can easily be 10" at 100, depending on barrel or bullet, or velocity.

• 1 month later...

Shooting steel challenge I don't have to worry about PF.  The softest loads that cycle reliably are

ADM lower with CMMG RDB 16" barrel: 115gr Bayou, 2.8gr Sport Pistol, 1.145"

FM Lower w/ Wiland 5.5" barrel: 115gr Bayou, 2.8gr Sport Pistol, 1.115"

I'm going to try 2.7gr, but I'm probably as low as I can go.  My wife having taken over the FM lower rifle I'll be running an 8" CMMG upper on the ADM lower once I have the tax stamp in hand.  We'll see if that shorter barrel works with the same 2.8gr load.

Both rifles are very soft shooting.

Steel challenge shooter here so my PCC is built different than the standard USPSA PCC.... since I have no power factor requirements my loads are quite different... I am using a Taccom  super feed ULW barrel rifle is a touch over 5lbs in the optic configuration, ... my load is currently 2.4 grn of Bullseye, WSPP, range pick up brass, and Berrys 100 grain plated heads, OAL is 1.080... buffer is the Taccom 3 stage with the Short stroke set up and no weight in the ESSB.also removed the two aluminum spacers. 

My question for you reloaders out there is what effect should I see when I play with OAL... say 1.060 compared to 1.10 assuming the round in the longer configuration plunk test ok

On 3/15/2020 at 8:38 PM, xpierrat said:

My question for you reloaders out there is what effect should I see when I play with OAL... say 1.060 compared to 1.10 assuming the round in the longer configuration plunk test ok

You will lose velocity.  That's all.  The longer you load with the same powder charge, the lower the pressure and the lower the velocity.

Edited by zzt
  • 2 months later...
On 3/12/2020 at 10:18 PM, ar15rick said:

I have a Taccom ULW Barrel

4.0 gr of Titegroup
124 Gr. Precision Delta HP
1.140 OAL
136 PF

Very soft recoil.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What buffer system and does your bolt still have the weight? I tried this exact load on my PCC setup for steel challenge (no weight in bolt, taccom 3 stage buffer but with the Delrin plunger instead of the steel) and While my PF was also 136, I found the recoil to be rather harsh. However, the dot returned fairly quickly and my double tap groups were pretty good, not great, but good.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 5:39 AM, Ner said:

Guys, what do you think about using some Factory loads for Pcc ? Any good experience, if it's possible to compare these to selfload ?

Factory may be too hot if you are shooting it out of a 14" or 16" barrel.  You generally gain 100-200 fps over a pistol length barrel.  When you handload you can compensate for that.