Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open shotgun -- Dissident Arms KL12 Vepr still the way to go?

avastcosmicarena

Nope. There are other companies that build out a box fed shotgun but on a couple with the vepr. If you go with the vepr I would go with Dissident. I sent them a stock in box gun and they returned to me a quality gun that runs. and if you ever have an issue with it call and you will probably speak to Mike or Lan the owner.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, toothandnail said:

VR80 from Tooth and Nail Armory,  ~1/2 the cost,  less weight,  less recoil,  bigger mags, true AR ergos.
We've been building 3 gun, mag fed shotguns & parts since 2012

The VR80 is an interesting shotgun.  I've been working on mine for a few months now.  I think it has the potential to run with the Dissidents, but the nice thing about the Dissident is it's ready to go to a match the day it shows up.  My VR80 is just starting to get reliable after a lot of tweaking.  I did not buy mine from T&N though, although they do make great mags. 

21 minutes ago, XDoctor said:

The VR80 is an interesting shotgun.  I've been working on mine for a few months now.  I think it has the potential to run with the Dissidents, but the nice thing about the Dissident is it's ready to go to a match the day it shows up.  My VR80 is just starting to get reliable after a lot of tweaking.  I did not buy mine from T&N though, although they do make great mags. 

A factory VEPR is no different, depends on how much vodka the drunk Russian had at assembly time. LOL

9 minutes ago, toothandnail said:

A factory VEPR is no different, depends on how much vodka the drunk Russian had at assembly time. LOL

LOL!  I'm sure of that.

What kind of work do you guys do to them before you send them out the door?