Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will a x5 slide and barrel fit a pre voluntary upgrade P320 (non x5)?

KindredGhost

Greetings Gang,

I have a p320 that has not been sent to sig for the voluntary safety upgrade.  I purchased a x5 grip for it and currently use the original 4.7 inch 9mm slide and barrel with it of which works flawlessly.  Is it possible to fit a x5 slide or x5 legion slide onto it?  

Thanks!
KG

5 minutes ago, KindredGhost said:

What about if I send it in for the recall safety upgrade?  Will it fit then?

KG

Thanks again guys... I appreciate the input!

Absolutely. The interchangeability and plug and play options with these P320 guns is crazy.

Edited by Posvar

• 3 weeks later...

What up gang!

I got the p320 back from Sig, and put the fcu into the X5 grip and put the slide in it. 

it works!

it gets hung up though before going fully into battery. I've heard that this will go away once it wears in. If I rack the slide, it goes into battery without issue. I expect it to be fine. We'll see though. 

thanks for the input fellas!

kg

13 hours ago, KindredGhost said:

What up gang!

I got the p320 back from Sig, and put the fcu into the X5 grip and put the slide in it. 

it works!

it gets hung up though before going fully into battery. I've heard that this will go away once it wears in. If I rack the slide, it goes into battery without issue. I expect it to be fine. We'll see though. 

thanks for the input fellas!

kg

That seems to be standard on the X5. Nothing to worry about. Pretty sure it is just because the barrel to slide fit is a little tighter on them. It does get better with time.

9 hours ago, tylerradke said:

That seems to be standard on the X5. Nothing to worry about. Pretty sure it is just because the barrel to slide fit is a little tighter on them. It does get better with time.

Cool! Thanks man! 

Out of curiosity... What seems to be the preferred recoil spring weight with these at minor power factor?

Anyone know?

Kg

35 minutes ago, KindredGhost said:

Cool! Thanks man! 

Out of curiosity... What seems to be the preferred recoil spring weight with these at minor power factor?

Anyone know?

Kg

I don't shoot comp but my X-Five-ish (P320F+X-Five grip module) had very weak ejection with the OEM 16lb RSA and 115gr range ammo.

Switched to a Gray Guns Fat Rod and a 13lb 1911 spring....excellent ejection now.

Your next upgrades :

https://grayguns.com/product/custom-fat-super-black-guide-rod/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_jJjwX65ixZNidpt3Fah

Nic Taylor's Ebay Storefront (free ship)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Colt-Government-1911-Recoil-Calibration-Spring-Pack-11-12-13-14-15-set-of-5/301275600553?hash=item46256cd6a9

Screen-Shot-02-16-20-at-0307-PM.png

Edited by DirectDrive