Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Dillon Owner - Waiting for Press to Arrive

I purchased my first Dillon Press.  I ordered the XL750, I have been reloading for many years with Lee equipment and I am looking forward to seeing what all the hooplah is about concerning Dillon Equipment.   I also ordered the CaseFeeder, I am really looking forward to getting the press on the Bench!  May have some questions along the way so I just joined the forum.

Wise choice on the 750 !

I have a 550 and "wish" i would have went with the 650 at the time but funds were tight.... nothing wrong with the 550 its a great press for what it is.. I just miss the auto-index and case feed

There are a couple of aftermarket parts that I run on my 650 presses I couldn't be without.

1.  Quick change powder measure https://entirelycrimson.com/collections/dillon-xl-750/products/quick-disconnect-for-dillon-powder-alarm-1

2.  Improved spent primer handling  283612868617?hash=item4208a4f009:g:lzQAA283612868617?hash=item4208a4f009:g:lzQAA283612868617?hash=item4208a4f009:g:lzQAA283612868617?hash=item4208a4f009:g:lzQAA283612868617?hash=item4208a4f009:g:lzQAAhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Original-Dillon-XL750-Spent-Primer-Fix-Upgrade-Non-Strong-Mount-Version/283612868617?hash=item4208a4f009:g:lzQAAOSwflddeuqm

3.  Custom powder funnels for cast bullets http://www.uniquetek.com/product/T1582

4. Ez Dial for powder bar https://www.titanreloading.com/easydial-small-bar

Edited by ExStreetWalker

12 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Or do what I did when I got my 650.... I use my RCBS Rock Chucker as a depriming unit so that I do not get all that “crap” on my 650.....Mark

Get one of the tube attachments and run it down to a gallon jug. It keeps the 650 spiffy. Then again I wet tumble with primers so when i deprime it may just be cleaner to begin with.

1 hour ago, m700 said:

Get one of the tube attachments and run it down to a gallon jug. It keeps the 650 spiffy. Then again I wet tumble with primers so when i deprime it may just be cleaner to begin with.

I also wet tumble, but I also ordered one of the spent primer catchers.

Wise choice on the 750 !

I have a 550 and "wish" i would have went with the 650 at the time but funds were tight.... nothing wrong with the 550 its a great press for what it is.. I just miss the auto-index and case feed

Me too. Eventually decided to it was time for the 650 tricked to the max. AND decided the 550 needed to stay. Still use both every week.

6d76d6b3780b644fa69119ab786b1247.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m curious about how people (including OP) like the new/old priming system on the 750?

I’m one of the crazy ones who prefer the 650 primer despite the added effort. I find it to be more robust and “smoother”.

For instance I have noticed on my 550 when seating primers in formally crimped 5.56 brass, if the swage is just a little too light or the primer is off center just a micrometer it’s a bear to get it seated. Whereas in the 650, same brass, same senecio, goes right in. No damage to brass or primer.

So, I know the primer on the 750 is same concept, but is it “beefed” up for higher and faster 750 production? Those that have actually used it, and maybe even used the 650/550 as well to compare?

I played with the 750 the other day in the Dilllm showroom, but seemed about the seemed about the same.

Great looking  reloading bench!!!!

Thanks! I’m a tinkerer and love reloading. Probably spend to much time at it, but hey it’s my therapy.

Before you know it, you will blink, a couple years will have passed and your bench will look like. And you’ll ask yourself “how did I end up with so much crap?!?!?”

On 1/21/2020 at 10:22 AM, iflyskyhigh said:

Me too. Eventually decided to it was time for the 650 tricked to the max. AND decided the 550 needed to stay. Still use both every week.

6d76d6b3780b644fa69119ab786b1247.jpg

What digital scale is that on your bench?  Mine took a dump and I am looking for recommendations for a new one to replace it.

• 3 weeks later...