Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos bullets - very happy so far

124gr9mm

I followed this issue on Facebook. It was a bit comical; the build up to a solution, big to do about purchasing a CZ to test, making special dies available for sale to run oversize bullets, videos on how to customize press dies or bullet dropper (not sure what), etc.  They kept saying it was a CZ issue-ignoring the fact of millions of coated bullets shot through CZ’s that do not lead up barrels- I think they are barking up the wrong tree, it may be the hardness of their lead.  Regardless, the hassle of the workarounds are not worth the savings in price and the frustration of cleaning lead off a barrel.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/21/2020 at 11:03 AM, jcc7x7 said:

Per their website they're also the softest

lead.

Which is why they leaded my barrels like crazy and I dropped them.

I didn't know they made plated bullets, which is all I shoot now in all my handguns.  Gonna have to see how they stack up against Rocky Mountain.

On 1/17/2020 at 5:13 PM, 124gr9mm said:

I'm a fan of plated bullets and I'm always chasing the lowest prices, so I decided to try out Brazos 125 gr rn plated 9mm.

When you say "plated" do you actually mean "polymer coated"?  Plated is assumed to mean copper plated.  I see no such bullets in Brazos' website.

I got leading far worse than the pics above in my 9mm pistols, but like the recent commenter, zero leading in my .40. In fact those .40 180gr bullets are great and I have zero complaints. I might continue to shoot them.

My uneducated guess is, the increased velocity of 9mm creates more heat and their coating fails at a higher temp? If it were just a soft-lead issue, my .40 pistol should be showing the same awful leading as my 9mms.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

As I said before I haven’t had the leading problems most others have had.

However I did have a problem with some 45 bullets I ordered a while ago. There was little to no coating in the lube groove. I sent them a message on Facebook at 8pm (after they were closed) and got a shipping receipt from them by 9am the next morning. They apologized multiple times and said this was a known issue and was from a former employee who had recently been let go because of issues like this.

While it was an inconvenience, they handled it very well and I’m happy with the outcome. I haven’t shot any of their 45 bullets yet, but I’m hoping for good results since they are cheap for 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, SGT_Schultz said:

When you say "plated" do you actually mean "polymer coated"?  Plated is assumed to mean copper plated.  I see no such bullets in Brazos' website.

That was my mistake SGT.  I meant coated, not plated.