Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A01 LD for Limited

eerw

Got to check this out at Nats and it was awesome. I was disheartened it was only in 9mm at the time because at 51 ounces it's perfect for Limited. Really glad they made it in 40. You won't regret it. Angus has done Phenomenal job with the trigger

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have been looking at getting a TSO in .40 for limited major. Stock, out of the box would you guys recommend the AO1-LD or the TSO? I'm just a middle of the pack shooter typically although this year I am striving to do better and have been dry-fire practicing every night along with a weekly trip to the range.

3 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

What website is this picture from??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not posted on web store yet. Posted IG and FB.

will be shown next week at SHOT

2 hours ago, scroadkill said:

sporty..

so.. I could send in my tso frame and a fancy new bull shadow 40 upper?

also .. are there skinnier options for the front sight? something like 0.10" ?

It’s a completely different gun than the TSO. The entire gun is a CZC in-house design and manufacture. 

The front site site is a Novak front sight dovetail so you should have no problem finding a skinnier sight.

7 hours ago, Hooked said:

It’s a completely different gun than the TSO. The entire gun is a CZC in-house design and manufacture. 

The front site site is a Novak front sight dovetail so you should have no problem finding a skinnier sight.

I get that.. but I like my tso grip / frame / trigger / holster / thumb rest / mag well / huge safety / mags etc.. and with some czc fitting the BS 40 upper should fit and work just fine.

I'm curious what the barrel weight,  delayed unlocking, and slightly shorter slide will do to the center of mass and handling in race mode. 

Edited by scroadkill

• 2 weeks later...

Right now CZC has the Bull Shadow uppers in 9mm that you can order.

I wonder if this will be available in the same way so that people can get it fir to a 75 lower (Shadow, Shadow 2).

I think that you would need the 40 sear cage, but i think that is it, besides the fitting.

?????

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed them and got some answers...

I figured I'd ask just to be absolutely sure, but the 9mm and .40 are the same size externally.

The limited versions of these will come with the magwell and basepads - didn't ask how many mags/basepads though.

Magwells will be blended, the TSO woes with this won't be an issue with the A01LD's

They have mags available.

Grip feels similar to the TSO, but has a higher cut and not quite as wide.

Squared off trigger guards will be available for an upcharge, prices not set in stone yet.

The hard chrome is going to be the standard coating for these, other options are possible.

Probably could've had a few more questions with more info, but figured I'd share, I was pretty excited to see the DWX come out but I'm starting to think I'll be going with this instead without the pic rail and not wanting to have much variance between trigger styles, all depends on when I get my hands on both.

11 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

Looks really nice but for $3200 I would just get a 2011

I agree.  $3200 is going to be too high in the current market.  Looks like a nice gun.  

Dan Wesson is coming out with a gun that will likely be $1700 street price or lower.  The TSO is available for $1600.  And Tanfo Limited guns can be had for $1300ish but need trigger parts.  

On the STI based guns front, used Edges are available around $1800-$2000.  You can look around and get a used Atlas Titan for around $3000 and there is all kind of stuff available in the $2000-$3000 range on the used 2011 market.  A Honcho with no upgraded can be ordered for $3000.

Nice looking blaster.

I can't help but be reminded of the custom motorcycle craze that started up just before 2000. Harley-Davidson motorcycles had a long wait list and were selling for up to $2000 over retail in most shops. Harley  add-ons were pricey. A bunch of custom builders jumped into the market. Used Harleys were holding their values quite well. A few years later the custom market faded away and you could walk into a HD shop and pay retail and drive one out the door and even get discounts on parts.

Now that STI abandoned the Edge and is offering a Staccato XL for $3400 in its place we are seeing a similar development.

The non-2011 style Limited class offerings are growing and there are more "custom" 2011 builders.

I suspect that we will see a similar trend in the Limited blaster market. The Atlas Titan yields to sight-block models with fancier features, etc.

I'm glad I got my Edge (.40) when I did.

It is good to see all the new offerings and choices however. America!

I'm just waiting to get my hands on both the DWX and this, finally got my hands on a TSO and the TSO's grip is larger than what's comfortable for me.  I really wanted to like it and I still have a set of grips I'm going to throw on it to reduce the thickness but for now I think I'm ruling it out.  Waiting to get some rounds through a buddies but as of right now, I'm leaning more towards something with a bit smaller grip for my girly hands.