Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC OPEN 9 Major, Left hand Paddle Options?

Been shooting USPSA for a while now, and I have had my open gun for a year or so and am beginning to look into modifications now that I am more confident with the gun.     

TO the topic, short and precise, 

I am running a stock STI DVC Open with the C-more sight, I am a left handed shooter.

What options are there for left handled thumb paddles? I would rather not drill into the frame. If it is necessary, I would like to send it off to someone. Ive heard rumblings of some gluing some on, just looking for info, and perhaps who to send it to if i HAVE to drill the frame, expected costs, links maybe, videos etc.

Thanks in advance for the help.

On 1/16/2020 at 8:30 AM, Bdh821 said:

3E920E57-0FF0-44A2-A35B-E560AA2013AB.jpeg.85828b63d2c011279364520c09b8379b.jpeg

I highly recommend Evil Hand 

http://www.evil-hand.com

Thanks for the help.  Like the rest,and the mag release , how did u set up the mag release on that side? I am using the right hand one mag release as stock from STI, and hitting it with my firing hand, very not fun, I did not know there was second option on these platforms. Also secondly, who did you have do the work and mount the thumb rest? Did u drill n screw that in yourself?

Edited by RedneckMechanicalEngineer

1 hour ago, RedneckMechanicalEngineer said:

Thanks for the help.  Like the rest,and the mag release , how did u set up the mag release on that side? I am using the right hand one mag release as stock from STI, and hitting it with my firing hand, very not fun, I did not know there was second option on these platforms. Also secondly, who did you have do the work and mount the thumb rest? Did u drill n screw that in yourself?

Looks like it might be a SVI left handed steel grip. If that's the case then the mag catch is specific and proprietary to SVI. 

I just use my trigger finger and a left side mag release. Have used Mitchell right side mag releases in the past. They work, but you can't use extended mag buttons with them.