Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon SRO Battery Issue

sitichai

Hi guys 
I just bought SRO Dec last year At first i got it, it cannot open the dot sight(I thought ranout out bat) so i bought a new batt and yes! it on !and now 15 Jan 2020 It happened again i can't open the dot sight I have to buy a new batt again just 15 days of work i think something went wrong my SRO
Dose anyone happened?

• 2 weeks later...

I have shot four matches and almost every day dry fire and still as bright as when I got it. Shooting the 5 moa.

have heard some that run into battery cap problems not being tight enough but otherwise many of those I shoot with use the SRO and have not heard of any problems. Maybe you just got a bad one from the factory or maybe for now at least I am just lucky,

12 hours ago, Chompion said:

Mine needed a new battery after 2 months, roughly 2000 rounds. It ran fine with a new battery for about 3 months and started dimming during my last 2 stages at a match today. Im probably going to send it back to trijicon for repairs 

Check the voltage of a new battery before you use it.  A good, new battery should read 3.27V or higher.  I buy them 20 at a time and measure them.  I often find some that were almost dead (2.8V).  The last batch of Energizer batteries I got all read between 3.0V and 3.1V.  So I'm never using that supplier again.

8 hours ago, zzt said:

Check the voltage of a new battery before you use it.  A good, new battery should read 3.27V or higher.  I buy them 20 at a time and measure them.  I often find some that were almost dead (2.8V).  The last batch of Energizer batteries I got all read between 3.0V and 3.1V.  So I'm never using that supplier again.

Interesting. I think these last few batteries were energizer. Never had an issue with energizer on dp pros and rmrs on other guns. I guess I'll try that. I also torqued my battery lid a little bit harder today. We'll give it one more try before sending back to trijicon

• 4 weeks later...

I also had a short life battery in my SRO. It lasted about 2.5 months and then it died. I have three other rmr’s that have batteries that lasted over two years. I decided to turn my SRO off after each use and I’m looking to see how long it will last this way. YRMV these were mine. 

• 3 months later...

My battery problems where not the battery but but the cover.

Trijicon has changed the o-ring on the battery compartment cover. The early models have a black o-ring the new one I just received is orange.

I have two SROs and both experienced battery problems and each time I called Trijicon they would instruct me to tighten the battery cover more.  Finally after several calls I was told they changed the o-ring and they would send me a new battery cover.

So far so good.

All 4 of my SRO's have been going strong and no issues with batteries. I have however replaced 2 of the batteries at the beginning of the season just to make sure they were fresh, I will say though that the battery cover is a PITA to remove the first time.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tigereye said:

I am replacing the battery and having a hard time starting on the threads.  Should I be pressing down on the cap while I tighten it?  

Make SURE you start by turning the cap counterclockwise until you feel the threads click in alignment, then start screwing it in clockwise.

That will eliminate the risk of cross threading the cap (a potentially unrecoverable problem).

Edited by SGT_Schultz

• 2 months later...

It also doesn’t hurt to take a bit of 90% alcohol on a Q-tip and clean and dry the contacts when replacing the batteries. Most all dry cell batteries gas off leaving a film on things that interferes with good contact.