Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone use ACT-Mag magazines??

robbiespratt

8 hours ago, BigAm said:

Interesting! Just curious. Picked up a Legion x5 a few days ago, and am really enjoying it. Kinda wanna give it a run at production and see how I do compared to my Tanfos. But it seems destined to be a carry optics gun for now.

I did find out that Henning makes X5 base pads that are almost identical to the Sig ones. Who knows they might even make the ones sig sells. Thanks for the help.

Henning does make the Legion basepads for SIG.

I have the X-Five with magwell funnel and the 17rd round mags with Legion basepad flush out with the funnel as you know.

I like some projection, therefore I prefer Gray Guns basepads which project about 1/4" below the funnel when installed on a 17rd mag.

Better looking basepad too, the GG basepads.

However, the SIG OEM 21rd mags are  the mags that were designed for the the X-Five grip module.

Buy a handful of those and you will be happy.

If you are going to compete, then you will be using a special +4 or +5 basepad with the 17's

Edited by DirectDrive

12 hours ago, BigAm said:

I guess my last questions is would the Henning pads or the Legion pads work on the ACT Mags? I'm hoping yes?

Yes.

One more time :

The ACT-MAG "tube" has a standard flange at the base.

Therefore any basepad in the P320 family an be fitted to the ACT-MAG tube.

I have both Legion basepads and Gray Guns basepads on my ACT-MAG 17's

I prefer the Gray Guns basepads over the Legion because :

1) The GG pad has a perfect 1/4" projection below the magwell funnel.

The Legion basepad fits flush with magwell.

2) The GG basepad is a better looking basepad and they are less cost when buying several.

GG basepad installed on X-Five grip module.

Perfect projection.

The divots are used for discreet  marking of the mags when needed. 

Put some color in the divot for marking what load or whatever.

Looks like that recess could take a label, as well.

grayguns-hd-basepad-magwell-sqaure-102.j

The GG pad is a little tougher to remove than some.

I use a cut down chopstick for a non-marring punch and tap the button in with that.

Edited by DirectDrive

Bonus pic from another site where this same conversation is going on...

In the pic, the mags on top are OEM 21's

The lower row of mags are ACT-MAGs

1) Note the blued finish

2) These 17's are converted to 23rd using TTI +5 basepads and Grams spring and follower kits.

IMG_7895_JPG-1406375.JPG

Thanks for the help with that! Ordered a few so I can at least go play around in production. I'll probably take the magwell off...since I have to for production anyway so the lack of basepad sticking out wont be an issue at least for this! If I decide to do CO I'll def pick up some 21 round mags.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:25 PM, BigAm said:

Thanks for the help with that! Ordered a few so I can at least go play around in production. I'll probably take the magwell off...since I have to for production anyway so the lack of basepad sticking out wont be an issue at least for this! If I decide to do CO I'll def pick up some 21 round mags.

If you use the 21rd. mags with the factory basepads, be sure to check them in a mag gauge. All of mine were too long to gauge. They’ll fit with a little Dremel work.

On 5/10/2020 at 6:49 PM, OPENB said:

If you use the 21rd. mags with the factory basepads, be sure to check them in a mag gauge. All of mine were too long to gauge. They’ll fit with a little Dremel work.

Ive read that! Thank you for the heads up on that though. Also got all the mags, and base pads in today. They fit great...and dare I say seem to work a bit better than the factory sigs.

The follower sits a little higher in the mag which puts more pressure on the slide stop, and in turn when I hit the mag release the mags spring out more aggressively than the factory ones do.