Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone use ACT-Mag magazines??

robbiespratt

So I ran across these ACT-Mag magazines the other day. I ordered several for my P320 to bang and beat on and see how they would hold up. I've been running tem for several weeks now and have yet to have any failures. I have been running them in their stock 17 round configuration as well as a couple with springer +5 extensions with grams followers and springs.

The build quality seems very good. While I do get the 17 and 23 rounds respectively in the magazines I have to use a loader to get the last round in. Despite them being tight I have had now issue inserting a magazine with the slide forward and also no issue stripping the first round out of the magazine when the gun cycles.

https://actmagusa.com/ourproduct/

Just wanted to see if anyone else has any experience with them.

9 hours ago, thormx538 said:

I didn't even know they made mags for the P320. $19.95 at Greg Cote, not too bad. 

Yep, that's where I ordered them from. I did not either. Looks like they are expanding there magazine selection. I know lots of guys that run them in CZ and say they have no issues with them.

16 hours ago, OPENB said:

Looks to be a better choice than ETS. Wish they made a 21rd. mag. 

I knew ETS was going to have mags available but I have not seen any in person...

Do they suck? if so, what is the issue with them?

I decided to pass on the ETS after they were universally despised here and on a FB Sig 320 group. Followers stick, tubes swell, continuous  jams. I’d try the ACT mags if I were to shoot production for the cost. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That cracking rear was an issue for some older design WC SS mags also.  Had to drag a needle file in the top back corners to avoid stress cracks.  They fixed the designs years ago. 

ACT doublestack mags have been very dependable and durable for me.   Well made tubes at a great price!

Just verify feedlip spacing on all new mags.  

I wish I had know about PSI-ACT making 320 mags.

I have 9 of the mags for my STI Trojan in 45, and love them, no issues with cracking.  Bought 10 or 11 years .

A friend bought the mags at the same time, same order from Brownells, for his Kimber Desert Warrior and all of his cracked.  Brownells stepped up to the plate and replaced the with CMC's, no charge for shipping and he paid the difference in the price.

Edited by RePete

On 4/30/2020 at 1:03 PM, jcc7x7 said:

If you want a couple make me an offer

I don't like them

They run but feel clunky

Thanks, but I have 33 mags for the 1911.

1 hour ago, BigAm said:

Does anyone know if the Act mag with something like a ben stoeger EZ off base pad would work with the x5 legion with the magwell on?

Don't know about the Stoeger basepad, but the ACT-Mag's as shipped are reported to be working in X-frames without any modifications.

1 hour ago, DirectDrive said:

Don't know about the Stoeger basepad, but the ACT-Mag's as shipped are reported to be working in X-frames without any modifications.

Interesting! Just curious. Picked up a Legion x5 a few days ago, and am really enjoying it. Kinda wanna give it a run at production and see how I do compared to my Tanfos. But it seems destined to be a carry optics gun for now.

I did find out that Henning makes X5 base pads that are almost identical to the Sig ones. Who knows they might even make the ones sig sells. Thanks for the help.

1 minute ago, BigAm said:

I did find out that Henning makes X5 base pads that are almost identical to the Sig ones. Who knows they might even make the ones sig sells. Thanks for the help.

Yes, the Legion base pads are made by Henning.