Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Membership

xarion

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I'd guess that IPSC in your country would be happy to

accept your money and make you a member    :) 

I ask that question because  in my country first You have to be club member, then that club have to pay fees around $400 not to join IPSC, just for IPSC internships. If they accepted the club then each shooter must pay around $150 for IPSC Safety exam.

Is that normal?

Hi,

I would like to become IPSC member.

Do I have to be member of shooting club or I can approach individually to IPSC.

I ask that question because  in my country first You have to be club member, then that club have to pay fees around $400 not to join IPSC, just for IPSC internships. If they accepted the club then each shooter must pay around $150 for IPSC Safety exam.

Is that normal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no such thing as an "individual" IPSC membership.  You must join the organization within your region.  In the USA that would be USPSA.  USPSA is a member region within IPSC.

If you will tell us where you live I'll tell you who you can contact for more information regarding membership in your region.

With extremely rare exceptions, you have to be a member of an IPSC region to be an IPSC member.  I have no idea if the Regions are limited on what they can or can't do for membership, except there was and may still be a 'must be open to all' thing in the rulebook. 

I'd ask IPSC directly at https://www.ipsc.org/contact-ipsc/ and see what they say.