Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beginners options

McHaggis

I’m in the US so we shoot USPSA, an offshoot of IPSC.  Shadow 2 is a great choice and should take you a long way in the sport.  Frankly, they’re the best money you can spend.  As to a press, 500 rounds a month would be fine on a square deal b.  650/750 will demolish that in no time if you can find a deal.  If you decide to load several calibers a 650/750 has much more utility.

Edited by Thaunk
iPad hates me

I fully agree with all who says that the SDB is an obvious choice if you only using pistol. Also easy on the pocket with no additional extras. As it already comes with a calibre preset to your liking, all you would need is an extra calibre conversion kit for anything else you plan to load. Just my 2 cents

I too agree about a SDB being ideal if I was just going to load 9mm and nothing else but as I've been considering a T7 for a while I also want to load 223 & do case prep for a 6.5CM on a progressive.  Anyway, I have a Hornady AP on its way.  If I regret it I'll let you guys know so the next undecided victim pays the extra for a Dillon.  I told-you-so comments will be welcome too!

In defense of myself it seems many reloaders love their AP's but the underlying message is that set-up and maintenance is the key.  Fortunately I'm very mechanical so I hope to be able to tweek it and make it work as it seems many of them do.

Now I just need to save for that Shadow 2!