Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2032 batteries, all the same?

vgdvc

I've found that Energizer is the most consistent.  I buy in bulk and check each with a voltage meter.  They are all up around 3.2+V.  With other brands I've got a few below 3V and some essentially dead at 2.8V.

Edited by zzt

16 minutes ago, zzt said:

I've found that Energizer is the most consistent.  I buy in bulk and check each with a voltage meter.  They are all up around 3.2+V.  With other brands I've got a few below 3V and some essentially dead at 2.8V.

Thanks for the response. I have an Alpha 3 FTP. It came with a Panasonic battery. It seems to have been bright for quite a few practice sessions in three matches. I replaced it with a Maxwell today. Seeing the Panasonic battery was made in Japan I thought it would be a smart choice. I'll have to look into it better but it seems as if by the end of today's match it was less bright than the  used Panasonic it replaced. Getting a voltmeter to test each one is definitely a worthwhile idea.

1 hour ago, vgdvc said:

I suppose once I get an accurate volt meter that should tell all.

Something like this is more than sufficient. Comes in handy next time you’re wondering if an outlet in your home is really live or dead, a 9v battery is good, or exactly why your car won’t start.

AstroAI Digital Multimeter with Ohm Volt Amp and Diode Voltage Tester Meter (Dual Fused for Anti-Burn) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ISAMUA6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9q8gEb3DMYZKM

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Something like this is more than sufficient. Comes in handy next time you’re wondering if an outlet in your home is really live or dead, a 9v battery is good, or exactly why your car won’t start.

AstroAI Digital Multimeter with Ohm Volt Amp and Diode Voltage Tester Meter (Dual Fused for Anti-Burn) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ISAMUA6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9q8gEb3DMYZKM

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

5 hours ago, zzt said:

Thanks. I'll look to get a unit with a dcv setting and battery backload test as well

30 minutes ago, zzt said:

After reading these comments I'm beginning to believe WHO you buy from is more important than the brand.

100%.  80 Energizers for $1.99 shipped on ebay should be a red flag.  Even amazon. 

Edited by echotango

4 hours ago, zzt said:

After reading these comments I'm beginning to believe WHO you buy from is more important than the brand.

3 hours ago, echotango said:

100%.  80 Energizers for $1.99 shipped on ebay should be a red flag.  Even amazon. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-dumpster-divers-selling-trash-wsj-report-2019-12

Nolan