Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 29SF Spring Question

sixmilestill

Folks,

Brand new here with just one post in the introduce yourself section.  First off, tons of great info out there and what a great community to share and help one another! Forgive me if this is somewhere in the wealth of topics but I’ve been searching both here and google and not coming up with much.  So here you go:

I’ve got a glock 29SF that is primarily a truck and woods gun.  While the woods of NC aren’t the wilds of Alaska there are quite a few black bears running around our spots and I often take the little ones out for adventures in the woods and I don’t always have a rifle with us.  

Having a little more horsepower with the 29 makes me feel a bit better.   I shoot the gun Well but the snappyness of the gun has me wondering if a spring adjustment would help speed up follow up shots, tame some of the snap and maybe prevent too much battering  on the frame.   Lots of mixed response out there so I’m hoping someone has tried it out on their 29 and can provide some good schooling for me and perhaps a recommendation on model/weight or even a “don’t waste your money” if that’s warranted.   Thanks! 

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings. Having used a G29SF myself, I think that unless you plan to download your 10mm rounds for shooting sports, you shouldn't change your recoil spring. I used mine in IDPA briefly and found it ran smooth with the factory recoil spring and downloaded 10mm handholds.  But as a woods carry gun, I could just put the full power stuff in and hang on tight. I did change the connector to a factory 3.5 to improve the trigger.