Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Striker channel liner just fell out?

BryceA

I've been having some like strikes with my Gen5 Glock 34 lately (about 1 in 30, a relatively new phenomena and with the same configuration I don't have issues with a Gen5 G17). I had accepted this as a fact of life when using a 5 lb striker spring + CCI primers. When I pulled out the striker to put the original striker spring back the channel liner came right out with the striker! I'm pretty sure that isn't normal as it's generally press fit in. There is also a fair amount of resistance between the striker+spring when just running it through outside the gun. I'm starting to think that my light strikes are due to the channel liner being weird, but I can't imagine how it got this way. I did buy the gun used, but it hasn't been coated or anything that would commonly lead to channel liner problems.

Has this happened to anyone else? I ordered a new liner (I bought both a wolf and oem liner since there are some reports of the wolf liner having less friction) so I'm hoping I can get this trigger weight down again. I love shooting Glock in every way except the trigger but I don't want to pay ~$200 for an aftermarket trigger that is about as good as my factory P10 triggers.

They seem to fall out of the Gen 5s commonly.  Just put it back in with the bevel towards the breach.  There will be drag in it, that is the reason people use the maritime cups.  Anyways, you should NOT be having light strikes with a 5lb spring.  There are so many factors in a trigger that change weight etc. anyways. Good luck

Interesting that it comes out so easy on some guns. We'll see what the new liners do, but at a minimum it gives me some spares to try out smoothing the inside. I'd really like to get the trigger a bit better and perhaps it's time to buy a dremel and some polish. Do people generally try to avoid CCI primers or am I just experiencing a extreme case?