Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2 Load Data

JohnS23

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can share their load data for CZ Shadow 2? I just recently purchased one and I came from a Glock. I noticed while during the plunk tests, all bullets do not fit anymore on the CZ’s

I currently load my glocks using:

3.6 Gr - Titegroup

125 Gr - Gallant Bullets Coated RN

1.135 - OAL

I am not sure how to adjust the charges given the info above. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, 4n2t0 said:

Shorten the OAL until the round plunks. 

This. Most CZ’s require shorter COAL. I doubt you’ll need to shorten it that much and with that charge you shouldn’t be running into pressure issues. My manual shows 3.6 as a starting charge for titegroup @1.125” with a lead 125. Looks like they took the specs right of Hodgdon’s website. Another option would be looking at a TC such as Blue Bullet’s offering. More forgiving ogive assuming you wanted to keep the length or you could ream out the barrel. 

I load for my son’s CZ Shadow 2 with stock barrel (not reamed) and this bullet profile works best for us:

https://precisionbullets.com/product/9mm-125-fp/

New-125-Profile-9-8-19.jpg

ACME only sells it in 147, Precision Bullet in 147, 125, & 115. It has proven to be accurate and loads at 1.13+.

3.2 grains Sport Pistol, 147 bullet gives us approx. 135 PF in the Shadow 2, 130 in my Tanfoglio. 

My shadow 2 loads are.

145 r/n brazos  .357 dia. 1.115 oal

3.3 grs sport pistol 

i used 3.2 grs for a long time and switched to 3.3 because I felt like it runs a little cleaner and I really didn’t notice much difference in the recoil.

147 f/p acme  .356 dia  1.11 oal

3.3 grs sport pistol

these bullets plunked at 1.13 but I got better accuracy off the lands a little at 1.11 oal.

124 gr Precision delta 1.085

4.2 grs sport pistol.

Edited by Dwbsig

5 hours ago, HesedTech said:

I load for my son’s CZ Shadow 2 with stock barrel (not reamed) and this bullet profile works best for us:

https://precisionbullets.com/product/9mm-125-fp/

New-125-Profile-9-8-19.jpg

ACME only sells it in 147, Precision Bullet in 147, 125, & 115. It has proven to be accurate and loads at 1.13+.

3.2 grains Sport Pistol, 147 bullet gives us approx. 135 PF in the Shadow 2, 130 in my Tanfoglio. 

Good bullets, have loaded and shot many but in the .358 size.  124s with 3.8g Sport Pistol.

4 hours ago, GMP said:

Good bullets, have loaded and shot many but in the .358 size.  124s with 3.8g Sport Pistol.

Tried the .358 and actually had slightly better accuracy (25 yards) with the .356 in three different guns. I also shot them into a trap and found no difference in coating wear between sizes. 

6 hours ago, HesedTech said:

Tried the .358 and actually had slightly better accuracy (25 yards) with the .356 in three different guns. I also shot them into a trap and found no difference in coating wear between sizes. 

Interesting.  Every other brand .356/.357 coated bullet leaded my barrel so I didn't even consider .356 Precision.  They shoot clean in my S2 but foul the comp on my other gun, so I'm going to plated RMRs to load for both.

For my CZs (S2 and 75) I load them to 1.100.  This is with Zero 124 RN, BBI 125 TC and Blue Bullets 125 TC. This is mostly to ensure they will fit in the EGW gauge, however CZs are known for a short throat.  As stated above, you need to do the plunk test for your barrel to see what your gun likes.  Keep in mind, start with an OAL that plunks and feeds well, then start with a low powder charge and work your way up.  A chrono is a must have. 

Some bullets are a non-issue with CZ short throats.  The Precisions noted above and the RMR 124g plated plunk over 1.150".  CZs are not fussy to feed so there is no reason to load extra long with these unless your gun just happens to like it.  Best accuracy in mine with these seems to be 1.120 - 1.130".

There’s no reason to either load long or shoot heavy in the S2.

Buy some American Eagle 124gn FMJ’s, shoot that. Then replicate that load (length, projectile etc) with whatever components you prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run the exact same load as Tony, 3.2 grains titegroup under a 135 gr tc bullet from blue bullets. 1.140 was my oal. I've tried 115 and 124 grain PD jhps, 115, 124, 147 rn from blue bullets and ended up settling on the 135 Tc. It was the most accurate of the bullets tested for my S2. 

On 1/12/2020 at 8:16 PM, Dwbsig said:

My shadow 2 loads are.

145 r/n brazos  .357 dia. 1.115 oal

3.3 grs sport pistol 

i used 3.2 grs for a long time and switched to 3.3 because I felt like it runs a little cleaner and I really didn’t notice much difference in the recoil.

147 f/p acme  .356 dia  1.11 oal

3.3 grs sport pistol

these bullets plunked at 1.13 but I got better accuracy off the lands a little at 1.11 oal.

124 gr Precision delta 1.085

4.2 grs sport pistol.

Do you get leading with brazos?

I got decent leading with their 124s with Titegroup.

On their recommendation, trying sample pack of 147s on sport pistol, (they recommend clean shoot, but I dont have any)

38 minutes ago, DodgeNerd said:

Do you get leading with brazos?

I got decent leading with their 124s with Titegroup.

On their recommendation, trying sample pack of 147s on sport pistol, (they recommend clean shoot, but I dont have any)

If you are getting the sample pack go with .357 dia. That’s what I did to stop leading.

My most accurate loads and excellent slide cycling for follow up shots. 
Very close #1-3. All .356 dia and 1.135 OAL. 4.0 CFE pistol at 920-930fps @ 3k elevation. 
1-SNS 147 flat point.
2-Gallant 147 Flat point. 

3-Xtreme 147 Round nose. 

SNS 125 gr RN

OAL 1.125

3.7 gr Alliant Sport Pistol

Remington Primers

130.6 PF (10 shot avg)

Haven't done any group shooting yet but in the 80ish rounds I shot through the chrono it fed without any hiccups.  Loaded up a few hundred for a little practice and will be checking accuracy then.

• 3 years later...
On 1/29/2020 at 10:56 AM, hawaiifivebro said:

SNS 125 gr RN

OAL 1.125

3.7 gr Alliant Sport Pistol

Remington Primers

130.6 PF (10 shot avg)

Haven't done any group shooting yet but in the 80ish rounds I shot through the chrono it fed without any hiccups.  Loaded up a few hundred for a little practice and will be checking accuracy then.

How was your accuracy?