Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 and RL 1100?

The current Dillon "Blue Press" and their web site show the new RL 1100 and the older Super 1050 both as available and at exactly the same price.  Are they both going to be in the Dillon product line?  The reason I'm asking is that when the XL 750 came out the XL 650 instantly disappeared completely from their literature.  I wonder why the older Super 1050 is still offered.

One other point that I learned that many may not realize - Currently the RL1100 has a two year warranty where as the Super1050 carries a one year warranty....May not be that important from what most have said because of the relibility of these machines but worth mentioning....Mark

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, See_Archie_Shoot said:

I’m liking the RL1100.

45c3983580f5664dc8d4592bea2e017b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loading 40 nice. I am on the wait list now. How is the stroke feeling. I know the handle is foward a little more than the 1050. 

Loading 40 nice. I am on the wait list now. How is the stroke feeling. I know the handle is foward a little more than the 1050. 

It feels great. I spent some time bouncing between the super 1050 and the RL1100 at shot show. I like the feel of the stroke on the RL1100 better.

20 minutes ago, See_Archie_Shoot said:

It feels great. I spent some time bouncing between the super 1050 and the RL1100 at shot show. I like the feel of the stroke on the RL1100 better.

Good deal. Just sold my 1050 and preordered 1100. Any differences other than the smoothness of the old rl style and the primer spring replacing the white plastic piece 

Good deal. Just sold my 1050 and preordered 1100. Any differences other than the smoothness of the old rl style and the primer spring replacing the white plastic piece 

I don’t have enough time with a 1050 to recognize all the differences. I did learn the base is thicker on the 1100.

c59bdebc56529e33367b398dba6b591e.jpg

Getting the hang of the RL1100.  Did about 1000rds manually, then set up the Ammobot.  LOVE IT!!  After sorting out some small issues, reloaded about 5000 rds with no issue.  Now having issues with the bullets tipping over and jamming the press.  I am using the original Dillon powder funnel and have tried more bell, less bell, no luck.  I will likely switch to the Mr. Bullet Feeder funnel and give it a try, but I have found them to be sticky in the past.  Any input would be appreciated.

12 hours ago, Drmike said:

Getting the hang of the RL1100.  Did about 1000rds manually, then set up the Ammobot.  LOVE IT!!  After sorting out some small issues, reloaded about 5000 rds with no issue.  Now having issues with the bullets tipping over and jamming the press.  I am using the original Dillon powder funnel and have tried more bell, less bell, no luck.  I will likely switch to the Mr. Bullet Feeder funnel and give it a try, but I have found them to be sticky in the past.  Any input would be appreciated.

What happens if you take a case following the powder station and try to manually place a bullet in it? Is it stable?

Are they the same bullets which previously were placed with no problem? What bullets?

Off the top of my head it seems something is off with the flare.

How fast are you running the bot?

17 hours ago, Drmike said:

How you like the ammo bot?

On 3/1/2020 at 2:49 PM, Dirtchevy841 said:

How you like the ammo bot?

It's great.  I have spent a lot more time working out the kinks with the RL1100.  The Ammobot has run flawlessly.  It was a PITA putting the primer probe in, but it has saved my but several times with primer drawback.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:24 AM, ddc said:

What happens if you take a case following the powder station and try to manually place a bullet in it? Is it stable?

Are they the same bullets which previously were placed with no problem? What bullets?

Off the top of my head it seems something is off with the flare.

How fast are you running the bot?

Problem solved by tightening the shell plate and switching to the MBF funnel.  Can now run at 2000rds per hour, except that there is a clunk in the Ammobot when it reverses at the bottom of the stroke.  Some guys from the Ammobot Facebook page suggested that this may be due to loose chains, so I will check that out tonight.

2 hours ago, Drmike said:

It's great.  I have spent a lot more time working out the kinks with the RL1100.  The Ammobot has run flawlessly.  It was a PITA putting the primer probe in, but it has saved my but several times with primer drawback.

What were the kinks you had with the 1100. I had none with my  s1050

Primer shuttle was rough, had to polish it as well as its race.  They were full of chatter marks from machining and caused the primer cam arm to jam.  Other than that, very easy.  Now i just have to sort out the rough snap of the Mr Bullet Feeder powder funnel.

Edited by Drmike

13 hours ago, Drmike said:

Primer shuttle was rough, had to polish it as well as its race.  They were full of chatter marks from machining and caused the primer cam arm to jam.  Other than that, very easy.  Now i just have to sort out the rough snap of the Mr Bullet Feeder powder funnel.

Yeah mbf is known for that. Polish the s#!t out of the funnel and put a little lube on the end. Make sure it’s always clean with a little lube