Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Killer Innovations barrels

J-Rob

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2020 at 12:28 AM, sheepdog566 said:

No running stock barrel for CO. Was thinking of using KI combo because it was easy to remove barrel and comp from slide making it easy to jump from CO to open 3gun

thats actually a great idea. i'm still on the fence about ordering one. I've narrowed it down to KI or KKM though

I recently read an article on barrel threading. Basically there are 4 ways, cut rifling which has been around since the 1700;s. Not done anymore because slow and expensive, pretty much hard to do. Broach cut, button cut, and forged on a mandrel sans Glock. Button cut is done on high end rifles, can be very accurate. I was in the market fo4 a new barrel for my G34 and the only company that I could find that  used button cut was Faxon. So I got one and I say it was a good investment. The article won’t let me copy so here is the name to search if your interested.

3 Methods of Barrel Rifling: Pros vs. Cons

On 3/28/2020 at 1:49 PM, rooster said:

I recently read an article on barrel threading. Basically there are 4 ways, cut rifling which has been around since the 1700;s. Not done anymore because slow and expensive, pretty much hard to do. Broach cut, button cut, and forged on a mandrel sans Glock. Button cut is done on high end rifles, can be very accurate. I was in the market fo4 a new barrel for my G34 and the only company that I could find that  used button cut was Faxon. So I got one and I say it was a good investment. The article won’t let me copy so here is the name to search if your interested.

3 Methods of Barrel Rifling: Pros vs. Cons

done properly they can all result in a top quality barrel.

KKM uses button rifling. I would of gotten one of their barrels except for the rate of twist they use. They won’t tell what they use but in searching they use anywhere from 1 in 32, or 1 in 20 I think. The 1in32 is good for the 115 grain bullets, the 1in20 I guess for everything else. Most companies use 1in16, I guess because it a good rate for all bullet weights. The 9mm was built around the 124 gr bullet. The 1in10 seems to be  the  norm for 124 and also the heavier weights.