Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft What Brand? And Where To Buy?

gunny

Need to purchase my daughter an airsoft for her birthday. There seems to be a lot of junk out there. Need one in an SVI/STI/Para configuration.

What brand do you recommend and where do you recommend purchasing?

Thank you.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For real. I want the STI Open pistol that has repeat firing (not the stupid automatic) and something where I can do mag changes.

Anyone have a source? Is there a SVI one too?

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

Western arms makes a SV copy that is trademarked (Sv let them copy) they are awesome looking ,I've been bidding for the ones I like on e-bay for about a year now, they don't go cheap which tells me something. I'm not sure they would be a great practice tool especially for mag changes but if I can get one on the cheap I'm gonna try it. You all have to wait until I get mine to start bidding :lol:

If you buy them direct, they are nearly $200. They are nearly 100% in scale, to the point you can interchange some parts with a little persuasion. Vikings501 and DKOL have them and when the gas is full, they really recoil similar to a real pistol. I would love to have one, but have a hard time paying that for a toy, even though it should be considered a training aide. I suppose in the past I have spent more on less for this game.

:ph34r:

If you buy them direct, they are nearly $200. They are nearly 100% in scale, to the point you can interchange some parts with a little persuasion. Vikings501 and DKOL have them....

Contact info? $200 is easy.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

Last year, Vikings501 got his from Japan, but I found these links for US sellers on Google.com.

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GP-WA-SVISS.htm

http://www.quickknife.com/herbence2teststo...d-wa-svi5s.html

http://www.precisionairsoft.com/cat9_1.htm

and here is one in Tokyo, but when I try to open it it starts a download, and I do not like that so beware:

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/trade/itemli...t_category_id=3

share your experience with the group if you buy one please.

Edited by fomeister

I have a Western Arms SV 5" Airsoft pistol. With the mag in the weight is about the same as my limited pistol. The quality is very good, (although I did have to replace the slide on mine with an aluminum slide, the pistol got dropped and the slide cracked). The pistol shoots good and feels good.

I got it from Speed Shooters Int.

I have a couple of AirSoft SV's - they're nice units, but the magazines are the resevoir for the gas, so I don't think they would stand up to being dropped in a conventional IPSC style reload. This may be the one case where an IDPA tactical reload is better :).

If anyone knows of a US based supplier for single stack Western Arms AirSoft mags, please let me know. As far as I can tell, these were never officially imported and I'd really like to pick up a couple spare mags.

Edited by Rob Boudrie

If you are looking for some realistic scale IPSC targets that you can print on standard paper, I have them available on our website. The PowerPoint file includes standard metric targets as well as no-shoots. If you do not have PowerPoint, you can download a JPG image you can print. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the target links.

Dry Fire Practice Targets

Shoot_Target.jpg

Larry

I picked up a close copy at the Steel Challenge for under $100 (match discount price.. regular retail might be more), shipped to my door from Airsoft Solutions (this particular one does not seem to be on their website yet). No ideas on longevity beyond two mags worth of BB's, but it looks and feels pretty solid, they sponsored the match and knew their stuff.

post-1846-1128214236_thumb.jpg. The Dawson magwell dropped right on.

Bought my 5" Infinity Expert from Renee at Speed Shooters, and have enjoyed it ever since. I made the same grip modifications to the airsoft as I hav on my limited and open SVs so the set up and feel are quite similar. I definitely would not practice reloads. Within the first week, I cracked the base pad and replaced it with a home modified dawsons. (As for reloads, get the blue safety mags for S_I. They work great, just watch your toes.)

In addition to being just fun to shoot, it is useful for working on seeing the sights lift. If you have any tendency to flinching working with an airsoft pistol will help eliminate it.

I would also add AirsoftAtlanta.com to the mix, and they sell a PHX hi-cap that looks to be pretty competitive with the Western Arms. While it may not be quite as good, it is at least half the price.

Edited by RayKu

I'm thinking that my daughter will be getting one at christmas...'Course mom may borrow it while she is at preschool... ;)

Any idea of the OAL on the STI Hybrid available from Manny?

Edited by carinab

My dad and I picked the same gun Shred has at SC (in fact, we were in line directly after Roy), so far I've shot about 1K BB's through it, and it feels good. It's all metal, so it feels pretty close to a real STI with the mag inserted as the mags are weighted. It doesn't have a whole lot of recoil, but it has enough lift to do some good. Great way to get alot of trigger time without breaking the bank.

• 2 weeks later...
Need to purchase my daughter an airsoft for her birthday. There seems to be a lot of junk out there. Need one in an SVI/STI/Para configuration.

What brand do you recommend and where do you recommend purchasing?

Thank you.

Think twice about practicng mag changes with an Air Soft. I have seen several broken magziens. = they fly apart even when droped on carpet. and the parts inside the slide will brake too. the parts are not easy to get. The best gun for the best price was at the Steel Challenge.

A few more things to add. My CED 8000 timer will pick the airsoft up without any problems when set on a low table under me (along with my can of gas, BB's and extra mags), as long as the sensitivity is cranked all the way up to "8". Another thing is that you have to let the mags warm up after you charge it with gas, and after you shoot it before you put more gas in it. If the mag (and gun if you've shot it alot) is cold, and the gas doesn't expand as well, and you'll use alot more gas, not near as efficiently.

I also own a Western Arm SV 4.3. You can practice mag changes by dropping them on the bed or a mattress unless you plan to be running around the house while practising your mag changes. I also find that the trigger is good enough to dry fire on. That way you can save some wear and tear on your blaster. Try this link

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Home

Its got a lot of stuff in there and some reviews which I think could be very helpful.