Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best pasters

mwx40x40

We recently have been having issues with pasters not sticking to targets and causing multiple reshoots. They are stored in climate controlled environment, but are nearing a year in age as we try to buy in bulk.

Tell me what you have had good performance with. 

• 1 month later...

No, not spraying anything on targets. Upon closer inspection, we are thinking we must have a bad batch of pasters. The adhesive on the back just doesn’t seem adequate. They almost pop straight off the roll, versus how you would normally peel them off. We ordered more from SC, but this experience has given us a lot of grief with running matches and having them fall off.

I've been using the DAA waterproof pasters in my personal pasting gun but I actually prefer Shooters Connection tape for the matches I run because shooters are slobs and can't clean up the trash with the paster backer waste.

13 hours ago, hurley326 said:

I've been using the DAA waterproof pasters in my personal pasting gun but I actually prefer Shooters Connection tape for the matches I run because shooters are slobs and can't clean up the trash with the paster backer waste.

Yep, we have trash cans on every bay, and I still clean these up after each match.

• 1 year later...

It wasn't clear if the pasters were ours or not. I did look up your account and didn't see any pasters ordered but that doesn't mean the club didn't buy through another account. Trying to get an idea of how old they are. The adhesive we use is the most aggressive for this application. Age as well as storage environment can cause it to dry out. We haven't changed manufacturers for as long as we have been doing them. 20 years I imagine. I did have a call today about some that were a year old and they referenced this and one other thread on Enos over a year ago, so I searched it and wanted to address it. We have also run into the issue at our local club but found out they were stored outside and hadn't been rotated out. No telling how long they had been stored in that outdoor building. Just remember they do have a shelf life. Doesn't save that much buying in bulk. Maybe 20.00 a case. Better to buy fewer and have fresh pasters than the problems of them falling off.

This is the response from the manufacturer when I asked them about the possibility of adhesive being light. and th second question if he has ever seen stock come in with light adhesive.

"

We have not changed anything about the paster labels; we are still using the same material and adhesive we always have used in the past.  The adhesive is actually applied by the paper mill, not something that we apply in house, so there should not be any chance of the adhesive running out during production.

If I may ask, are the trouble pasters being applied to recycled cardboard?  We had some issues in the past with some recycled boxes we'd purchased - we couldn't even get carton tape to stick to them, let alone labels.  Could this be a possibility?

Please let us know your thoughts.  We take any issues you may have very seriously and want to help all we can to solve them."

"Almost never.  The paper companies do have a range of tolerance in their spec, but it's generally pretty tight.  If there are specific orders these happened on we could try to get the company to analyze them, but I've almost never seen any material that was far out of spec without it being noticed in the production process."

• 2 years later...
On 3/8/2021 at 2:38 PM, chuckbradley said:

It wasn't clear if the pasters were ours or not. I did look up your account and didn't see any pasters ordered but that doesn't mean the club didn't buy through another account. Trying to get an idea of how old they are. The adhesive we use is the most aggressive for this application. Age as well as storage environment can cause it to dry out. We haven't changed manufacturers for as long as we have been doing them. 20 years I imagine. I did have a call today about some that were a year old and they referenced this and one other thread on Enos over a year ago, so I searched it and wanted to address it. We have also run into the issue at our local club but found out they were stored outside and hadn't been rotated out. No telling how long they had been stored in that outdoor building. Just remember they do have a shelf life. Doesn't save that much buying in bulk. Maybe 20.00 a case. Better to buy fewer and have fresh pasters than the problems of them falling off.

Just now seeing this. Sorry for not being clear. Pasters we were having issues with we’re not from SC. However, we are currently ordering targets and pasters from SC, and are having good results. They are ordered through our club . Thank you for checking on this👍🏼

• 5 months later...