Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
old558

Staccato P DUO, for Carry Optics

Thinking of possibly getting one and was wondering if it good to go for Carry Optics?

don't think so in uspsa as guns must generally be production legal (and striker or sa/da).  of course, could always run it in Open.  in idpa they should be legal as esp (incl single action) guns can be used.

2011s with SAO triggers aren't allowed in Carry Optics. If they were, everyone would be using them, because the trigger would be a pretty big advantage.

I am in the same boat, I WANT a new STI, but there is no reasonable division to shoot it in.

It would be a dedicated EDC not an EDC that i can compete with. I have considered Ltd Minor but.....

Thanks for the reply's. I mostly shoot steel challenge in revolver. I do have an x5 for carry optics, and do not see much difference (X5 or Staccato) in what they were designed for.

It's winter and I'm in MN, witch means I bored and looking for something to play with.

Edited by old558

23 hours ago, old558 said:

Thinking of possibly getting one and was wondering if it good to go for Carry Optics?

I'm shooting one in IDPA Carry Optics and I love it.  It's solved my problem of not being able to focus on the front sight during indoor matches.  I don't shoot enough USPSA these days to matter.

2 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I'm shooting one in IDPA Carry Optics and I love it.  It's solved my problem of not being able to focus on the front sight during indoor matches.  I don't shoot enough USPSA these days to matter.

Thanks Trace. I will probably end up with one if they show up in my neighborhood. I can always shoot it in outlaw steel. Can you tell me, does she shoot pretty flat, and transition well. I would like the XC but that is a huge jump in price for me.

2 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Its a fairly heavy pistol for 9 minor, so yes it's pretty flat.

Thank you.

On 1/11/2020 at 10:34 AM, RangerTrace said:

IDPA Carry Optics allows SAO pistols?

13 minutes ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Interesting enough, IDPA CO allows a lot of things. It’s their Open.

My PPQ with a milled-to-hell slide is legal there!

FD0C3F8D-EDE1-4666-B4A4-D3C7274D6A49.thumb.jpeg.778b88e69a67fa3aafaf5caad39e1019.jpeg

It’s still IDPA though, so I’ve only done it once.

2 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Interesting enough, IDPA CO allows a lot of things. It’s their Open.

My PPQ with a milled-to-hell slide is legal there!

FD0C3F8D-EDE1-4666-B4A4-D3C7274D6A49.thumb.jpeg.778b88e69a67fa3aafaf5caad39e1019.jpeg

It’s still IDPA though, so I’ve only done it once.

What about barrel ports and compensators? (sorry, I know nothing about IDPA)

https://www.idpa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/IDPA-Rulebook-2017.pdf

8.1.8 Non-IDPA-Legal Features and Modifications for All Divisions The following features and modifications are not allowed in any division unless otherwise specifically allowed in the rulebook. A. Compensators of any type including hybrid or ported barrels

14 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Yes sir.....