Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interesting equipment check tonight - Slide Racker built into RDS Plate?

Laxman2809

Was shooting a match tonight and it was brought up they I could be bumped to open for shooting Carry Optics with SP01 and the CZ Custom Slide Racker Plate that has a racker tab. 

https://czcustom.com/slide-racker-multi-75-st-blued-14099.html

I can see how it can be an advantage, but also you do have the RDS to rack the slide off of so..... idk?

What would your interpretation of the rule be??

Was shooting a match tonight and it was brought up they I could be bumped to open for shooting Carry Optics with SP01 and the CZ Custom Slide Racker Plate that has a racker tab. 

https://czcustom.com/slide-racker-multi-75-st-blued-14099.html

I can see how it can be an advantage, but also you do have the RDS to rack the slide off of so..... idk?

What would your interpretation of the rule be??

It's a bump to open no matter how you slice it704981216b7949b7f6cb07d98cdb65d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2769558abf0edbb95ba1d1e8933424d6.jpg

38 minutes ago, Laxman2809 said:

I like this option the best, considering I don't see it as an advantage in anyway since you can just rack off the RDS. But who am I, but a peasant 

It is a stupid rule since you can add thumbrests to production guns, and other changes, but a slide racker puts you in open in cheap open is dumb IMO.

Not AT ALL busting anybody's chops or trying to be s#!tty here, but before you buy something for an organized sport it seems that Step 1 would be to read the rules. 

I want to get into boxing, so I bought these brass knuckles. WHAT??? I can't use them? What a stupid rule!

If you just want to go punching people for shits/giggles, then brass knuckles seem like the way to go. If you want to participate in a structured, scored, regulated activity, though......

Not a poke at the OP, just a general observation of people new to this sport. 

Edited by konkapot

12 hours ago, Laxman2809 said:

Can you do this to get a ruling?

Yes, I'm serious. This is one of the fatal flaws to this sport. "Rulings" that live outside of the rulebook and interpretations that seem to change like the weather. 

6 hours ago, konkapot said:

Not AT ALL busting anybody's chops or trying to be s#!tty here, but before you buy something for an organized sport it seems that Step 1 would be to read the rules. 

I want to get into boxing, so I bought these brass knuckles. WHAT??? I can't use them? What a stupid rule!

If you just want to go punchy people for shits/giggles, then brass knuckles seem like the way to go. If you want to participate in a structured, scored, regulated activity, though......

Not a poke at the OP, just a general observation of people new to this sport. 

the problem is many manufacturers sell things saying USPSA Approved, or legal etc., yet they may or may not be.

A friend of mine bought base pads, thought they were legal for Limited, got checked at a match, didn't fit the gauge, he was bumped to open.

The competitor is responsible for their equipment unless buying match ammo.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:43 AM, TrackCage said:

Yes, I'm serious. This is one of the fatal flaws to this sport. "Rulings" that live outside of the rulebook and interpretations that seem to change like the weather. 

Well I tried and Troy has ruled illegal.

image.png.3039c9d697399cf57aecea684c491c4f.png