Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sticking powder funnel

My daa and Dillon powder funnels stick in my cases on the down stroke, I know it's because I wet tumble, which I don't want to give up. Any ideas on how to get it to not stick, without introducing a lube into the mix, and without cutting out the wet tumbling? I've recently started using hbn on my rifle and bullets, it seems like it would be a great way to sort of permanently lube the funnel. Anyone tried this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have to use One Shot in order to avoid the sticking cases, the one shot really smooths out the whole operation of the press. I would suggest trying some, I was hesitant when I first started using it but it really does make a huge difference in cases that have been wet tumbled. 

13 minutes ago, mveto said:

I have to use One Shot in order to avoid the sticking cases, the one shot really smooths out the whole operation of the press. I would suggest trying some, I was hesitant when I first started using it but it really does make a huge difference in cases that have been wet tumbled. 

its not really that big of an issue. ive got my funnel tumbling in the hbn right now, ill let it go all night to hopefully polish it up and imbed that hbn into it. i was just wondering if anyone has been as... resistant to using lube... as i am lol. i dont like what lube does to my drop tube

Once your tumbler finishes drain pins and water. Fill it back up and put a capful of armorall wash/wax. It will add some lubrication but is super smooth without being sticky like a traditional case lube

You only need to run for 15 min with wash/wax

Edited by m700

11 hours ago, nhyrum said:

its not really that big of an issue. ive got my funnel tumbling in the hbn right now, ill let it go all night to hopefully polish it up and imbed that hbn into it. i was just wondering if anyone has been as... resistant to using lube... as i am lol. i dont like what lube does to my drop tube

hbn?

2 hours ago, m700 said:

Once your tumbler finishes drain pins and water. Fill it back up and put a capful of armorall wash/wax. It will add some lubrication but is super smooth without being sticky like a traditional case lube

You only need to run for 15 min with wash/wax

Many guys I know just use the wash/wax stuff to do the whole job? I don't get using it as a second wash for 15 minutes.

hbn?
Hexagonal boron nitride. It's a micro powder lubricant. in the long range rifle scene, people are coating bullets in it like they used to do with moly. But this is much cleaner than moly, doesn't burn like moly does, and is slicker. Supposed to completely get rid of the cold bore flier.

I use a wash and wax, I think the brand is f1.

1 minute ago, nhyrum said:

Hexagonal boron nitride. It's a micro powder lubricant. in the long range rifle scene, people are coating bullets in it like they used to do with moly. But this is much cleaner than moly, doesn't burn like moly does, and is slicker. Supposed to completely get rid of the cold bore flier.

I use a wash and wax, I think the brand is f1.

👍

34 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Many guys I know just use the wash/wax stuff to do the whole job? I don't get using it as a second wash for 15 minutes.

I did a few batches like this but now i just lube