Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winchester/FN SLP mag tube follower - what works?

minnesota1

I've had a briley follower pop out of it and then I read up on some and some followers actually state theirs have issues with the FN slp type shotguns as well as others they listed.  I have a winchester super x2 which is basically the same as the FN's.  Can anyone recommend one that works?  I have a nordic extended tube which I can put in 12 + 1.

Thanks.

I have a factory follower of Versamax Comp Tact which looks very much like the Nordic low drag one except the color. I will try it with my Super X3 and report back.

Update:

Here it is. Gold one is the factory VMCT follower that I took out. Does fit and seems to function ok. Haven't tried it on the range tho.

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

Edited by theix

11 hours ago, theix said:

I have a factory follower of Versamax Comp Tact which looks very much like the Nordic low drag one except the color. I will try it with my Super X3 and report back.

Update:

Here it is. Gold one is the factory VMCT follower that I took out. Does fit and seems to function ok. Haven't tried it on the range tho.

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

Thanks!  Did you throw a few dummy rounds in and see if it cycles?  Meaning if it doesn't throw extra rounds in while feeding and jamming it up.   Thanks!

5 minutes ago, minnesota1 said:

Thanks!  Did you throw a few dummy rounds in and see if it cycles?  Meaning if it doesn't throw extra rounds in while feeding and jamming it up.   Thanks!

Yes, I tried full tube as my SX3 can hold which is 8 rounds. No double feed.

4 hours ago, theix said:

Yes, I tried full tube as my SX3 can hold which is 8 rounds. No double feed.

I'm trying to find one online so I can order and try it out.  I haven't had much luck yet finding one at my usual spots.