Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleaning gunk from steel grip?

lroy

Bit of an unclean topic, but what's the best way to clear the build up of crud that accumulates on the grip? I'm guessing it's a mixture of chalk and skin.

It's on my PT Evo grip. I can scrape it off fairly easily, but going between every ridge is fairly time consuming. Would a hard brush do the trick? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has this problem. Lol

I find that spraying on some alcohol (rubbing or denatured), letting that sit for a minute and then a nylon brush does a really good job on my glue+grit grips when they start filling up with skin and rosin.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, BlindAsABat said:

I an ultrasonic cleaner. Drop it in and walk away, comes out spotless.

Which one do you have and how much did it run you?

Thanks for all the replies guys. Gonna pick up a teflon brush.

I bought mine from sonicsystemsales.com a long time back.  Don't remember how much I paid back then (I think around $400). It looks like they have since been bought and this is the equivalent to what I have: https://www.infanteultrasonics.com/product-page/s6.

It was not that expensive when I bought it. I love it. Makes cleaning my guns easy and there is no way I get them as clean doing it by hand.