Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr Bullet Feeder Questions

I am considering a Mr bulletfeeder.  I have a 650 and I use Dillion dies with a Powder check.  If I purchase a bullet feeder what will I  have to give up?  Will I be able to use the Powder Check and both the Dillion dies to seat and crimp in 2 steps . I also load 40  38 and 45 what is the changeover time from one caliber to another.  I have been reloading for 42 years and am always trying make the process more efficient.  Thanks for any answers that help.

No, you cannot use a powder check and still seat & crimp in separate steps. Many, myself included, ditch a powder check. Use your eyeballs - the 650 powder drop is in a very easy to see location.

As for changeover, if you want to be efficient, you'd have a bullet feeder die in each tool head so that you did not need to set that up to work properly each caliber swap

You can in fact use the bullet feeder and powder check.

Station 3 powder check
Station 4 bullet drop
Station 5 combination seat/crimp die

I did ditch the powder check. But you don't have to if you are more comfortable with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

''I am considering a Mr bulletfeeder.  I have a 650 and I use Dillion dies with a Powder check.  If I purchase a bullet feeder what will I  have to give up?  Will I be able to use the Powder Check and both the Dillion dies to seat and crimp in 2 steps . I also load 40  38 and 45 what is the changeover time from one caliber to another.  I have been reloading for 42 years and am always trying make the process more efficient.  Thanks for any answers that help.''

Dillon 8 stations is better but the ideal is the 10 stations Mark 7

2 hours ago, m700 said:

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-2-in-1-seating-and-crimping-die

plus there are a few others out there.

It has been said that if you are loading lead or coated lead this may not be the best bet because it will shave the bullet

That looks like a Lee die.

https://leeprecision.com/pistol-bullet-seating-die-only/

17 hours ago, Poconolg said:

I am considering a Mr bulletfeeder.  I have a 650 and I use Dillion dies with a Powder check.  If I purchase a bullet feeder what will I  have to give up?  Will I be able to use the Powder Check and both the Dillion dies to seat and crimp in 2 steps . I also load 40  38 and 45 what is the changeover time from one caliber to another.  I have been reloading for 42 years and am always trying make the process more efficient.  Thanks for any answers that help.

Not enough stations. Just get a bright light and mount it so you can see the powder drop instead of using powder check.