Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GMR-15 Ordering Question and Discount Code Request.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm don't know yet I'm going on week 4 of the wait. The addtional options I ordered mine with are a flat face trigger, magwell and short stroke buffer system.

I did buy a MPX PCC in the mean time to play around. The mpx is a soft shooter, the factory trigger is on the heavier side.

Edited by nick954
  • 3 weeks later...

Got an email today from JP that my rifle is ready and they just needed my FFL's cert. Hopefully I will have it by the end of the week. Not a bad wait from ordering and making full payment back on Jan 13. Discount code saved me $101.50 my final total was $2017.50 with the upgrades of the ultralight barrel, competition trigger, tf magwell, and radian charging handle.

A comment on JP's handguard threading.  The top of the handguard (12:00 o'clock position) has a series of holes threaded #6-32, yes 32 tpi, not 48 as used on scope bases.

The lines of threaded  holes along the rest of the handguard at the 3:00, 6:00, 9:00 and intermediate 45º positions etc. are threaded #10-32.  These are the ones you will probably use for a foregrip, light mount pic rail sections or whatever else you hang on the gun.

Enjoy your new toy.  I bought mine about 18 months ago and with no upgrades and the discount code I paid $1710 which included 6% PA sales tax.  Shipping to my FFL was free as I paid in full up front by check.  Mine took 12 weeks from the time I accepted the order and made payment until delivery.  Worth every penny.

The only changes I've made so far are to install a Radian ambidextrous charging handle (I'm left-handed) and a Holosun HS510.

20 minutes ago, SteelCityShooter said:

A comment on JP's handguard threading.  The top of the handguard (12:00 o'clock position) has a series of holes threaded #6-32, yes 32 tpi, not 48 as used on scope bases.

The lines of threaded  holes along the rest of the handguard at the 3:00, 6:00, 9:00 and intermediate 45º positions etc. are threaded #10-32.  These are the ones you will probably use for a foregrip, light mount pic rail sections or whatever else you hang on the gun.

Enjoy your new toy.  I bought mine about 18 months ago and with no upgrades and the discount code I paid $1710 which included 6% PA sales tax.  Shipping to my FFL was free as I paid in full up front by check.  Mine took 12 weeks from the time I accepted the order and made payment until delivery.  Worth every penny.

The only changes I've made so far are to install a Radian ambidextrous charging handle (I'm left-handed) and a Holosun HS510.

Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

lDUUQiO.jpg

My PCC evolution from bottom to top PSA, MPX, JP.

I haven't had a chance to fire the JP yet. Hopefully I can sneak out this week since the boss closed the office and told everyone to work from home.

Probably won't be able to shoot a match till this summer when this virus non-sense is over with.

Edited by nick954
On 1/8/2020 at 5:26 AM, SwedishMoose said:

I can't see how a BAD lever would interfere since it just sits over the bolt catch. 

Can anyone else chime in and help me understand? 

I'll be building a PCC off a JP upper and lower and asked through email about using a B.A.D. Lever and Phase 5 bolt release.  They said the Phase 5 won't function at all, which has already been covered.  The bolt catch/release in it now is proprietary.  They said the B.A.D. lever adds too much weight for it to be reliable for last round bolt hold open. 

I tend to use the Phase 5 on my MBX most for locking back and closing the bolt when making ready.  I wanted that same feature on the new build to go along with the addition of side charging.  Side charging is highly useful when doing gun manipulations like unloaded starts.  Your hand has less distance to travel and the stock can get to your shoulder sooner.  Sooner is usually always better in practical shooting.

Edited by telligentgunner
3 hours ago, telligentgunner said:

I'll be building a PCC off a JP upper and lower and asked through email about using a B.A.D. Lever and Phase 5 bolt release.  They said the Phase 5 won't function at all, which has already been covered.  The bolt catch/release in it now is proprietary.  They said the B.A.D. lever adds too much weight for it to be reliable for last round bolt hold open. 

I tend to use the Phase 5 on my MBX most for locking back and closing the bolt when making ready.  I wanted that same feature on the new build to go along with the addition of side charging.  Side charging is highly useful when doing gun manipulations like unloaded starts.  Your hand has less distance to travel and the stock can get to your shoulder sooner.  Sooner is usually always better in practical shooting.

One of the issues I had with my mpx was not being able to run a bad lever for load and make ready at matches. Hopefully I will have good luck with the jp. I will report back once the wife is okay with me shooting matches again.

46 minutes ago, nick954 said:

One of the issues I had with my mpx was not being able to run a bad lever for load and make ready at matches. Hopefully I will have good luck with the jp. I will report back once the wife is okay with me shooting matches again.

Keep us posted.  I hope you find a reliable solution to using that BAD lever which does not require grinding or otherwise removing material from the lower.  As much as I like them, it hasn't really bothered my in matches - I use the charging handle instead of the bolt release.  I'm not a pro either though.  

Phil 

I wish someone local had that shroud on one... I’ve been dying to try it. 
I love my GMR but got it right before they came out with that.  It’s just so damn heavy.  I really hate to mess with the build either because it’s so f*#king solid and runs insanely well.

To throw out the handguard, barrel, comp, and heat sink kills me, but I feel like doing the shroud and smoke composites guard would drastically improve the maneuverability. 

10 hours ago, Sniperboy said:

@nick954 thanks for sharing the pics.. what brand pistol grips are those 3?  The middle one looks particularly interesting.

Top: Umbrella corp grip 23 (https://www.ucwrg.com/materiel/grips/6/grip-23/)

Middle: Grip came with the mpx so I guess Sig Sauer. I was planning to change it before I received the gun because I like a more vertical grip, but after running the mpx in a few matches I found it was fine.

Bottom: JP Hogue grip, I put it on this gun  because I didn't like the angle and I have the gun for sale on GB.

3 hours ago, Honeybooboo said:

I’m torn about getting the 5.5” or the 14.5”. Flatter shooting vs faster transitions. Wish I could handle both but I have to buy one blind. 

14.5" for USPSA, 5.5" for Steel Challenge. Hit me up if you need the full details or "the hookup". 

4 hours ago, Honeybooboo said:

I’m torn about getting the 5.5” or the 14.5”. Flatter shooting vs faster transitions. Wish I could handle both but I have to buy one blind. 

I struggled with this as well - ended up with the 14.5.  I feel like the limiting factor is me, not the weight of the barrel and I also felt that the handguard plays a significant part in the "out front" weight of the gun - I like a 12" and I feel like to really make a significant change, I should go with a 7.5" - something I have not tried.   I've also started loading for each string, instead of just jamming in a 33 and going to town. Not a direct comparison because the weight of the ammo is not in the same location as the barrel but it makes a bigger difference (weight wise) for most of the strings.  I load 7 for 5 targets and change mags for every string.  I usually load a 2-3 more than the number of targets unless is it complicated like a texas star or shooting around barrels (which I am not good at)   

That being said, I have also priced a complete JP upper with the shrouded barrel - just under $1k.  Not sure if that is where I want to spend my $$ though - want to get into 3-gun and need a shotgun.  

Phil