Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Postal Match.

synchronicity

I think its a terrible match. One stage with movement and its only to run forward. The rest are stand or sit. Oh yeah we make you reload. We have 8 bays we use and now because you cant have stages before you shoot stage 1 of the postal match or stages in between our monthly match turns into the most boring IDPA match in history. Yes I know we can add stages after but we have to many people shooting to put everyone onto 4 squads. We have to set up bays 1-4 the same as 5-8. To me that's just a huge waste. All the work to set up and we will be done shooting in 3 hours. Just call it what it is. A boring IDPA match at your expense so we can decide if we want to change the way we do classifiers instead of fixing the rule book.

I shot it, the IDPA postal match, on Saturday the 11th. It was cold, windy and a wonky match. I remember the postal match from like 2012 or 13 having much better stages.

I have no idea how to tell where the overall scores are but here is from the club I went to, I was 1st overall:

https://practiscore.com/results/new/b6212676-f7e3-47ca-abfe-fa04df76d1e4

MD yesterday said he will run the postal after the winter rains (Mississippi) decline.  We were shooting Sunday because of thunderstorms Saturday. 

He said he will offer it a couple of times so as to allow shooting multiple divisions.

1 hour ago, Jim Watson said:

I showed them to the local indoor operator who has been making noises about IDPA for months now, but his bays are not wide enough.  Stage 1 is 30 feet plus two targets.

The width of stage 1 is 34' 4".  Stage 2 19' '. Stage 3 13' and 4 about 11'.

2 hours ago, jsg said:

None of you guys have an indoor range? We are shooting it next week in our weekly indoor match.

I agree the stages do look really boring.

I hope they do not go the way of USPSA in classification.

Only 1 indoor range in the area and it about 17' wide.

We want to build an indoor range but the cost of the ventilation system is what is stopping us.

On 1/8/2020 at 5:22 PM, RePete said:

April through June/July would have been smarter then everyone could play.

I would like to think thats because they purposefully designed it around indoor matches and not being able to run around alot. 

HOWEVER. I dont think thats the case. I think someone saw the GFDS postal match and was like "dam we need to do that" and then half assed 4 stages that are the epitome of IDPA lameness. 

Also the way they do the nationals points is silly, So silly I dont follow it but I would guess thats why it ends in March, thats when the year window for nationals points is up. 

The fact that they did it in a way, with a end date, there will still be snow on the ground in many states by the time its over means they wont get the participation numbers they want.

4 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Well IDPA has lost him. He's the Area 8 director now :) 

They lost him a few years back because somebody in the organisation didn't like him.  So sad.

I knew he was shooting USPSA but didn't know that he was a Director.

Edited by RePete