Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rimfire pistol choice

TFin04

On 1/7/2020 at 1:25 AM, AR_James said:

Browning Buck Mark.  The Victory was not available when I was looking for a .22 pistol.  So, it was between the Ruger and the Browning.  The Buck Mark felt more balanced in my hand, so I went with it.  After finding a local club that held .22 matches, my Buck Mark seemed to run as well or better than any of the other model pistols.  So, I have stuck with them.  Only thing I needed to do to make it a "race-gun" was change out the extractor as the only issue from the factory was an occasional stovepipe ~300 rounds.  Switched out the extractor with a TANDEMKROSS "Eagle's Talon" extractor.  Now, I may get a stovepipe every 2,000-3,000 rounds are so.  

What model Buck Mark are you shooting?

5 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Ruger MK3 22/45 Lite....Has run good for my use...Will have a FTF from time to time so I just ordered a set of magazine springs from Volqquartsen  yesterday...Hoping the new springs and a little magazine tuning will solve my problems....

If you get your magazine springs and find your mags now no longer hold 10 rounds you got the first try at them producing springs. They said to just cut off a few coils so if you find that one end of your spring isn't finished properly you got the old springs that they chopped. They are working at having new springs made that are made properly to hold ten rounds and have 2 finished ends but I have not seen any new ones yet. I hope you get the new version but I doubt that you are.

10 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Gregg - Thanks sir for this information. They should be here early next week and I will let you know what is received...Thanks Again...Mark

Mark, I just got a ship notification for my replacement springs so there is a chance that you will get the new ones, let's hope so.

On 2/6/2020 at 11:18 PM, Gregg K said:

If you get your magazine springs and find your mags now no longer hold 10 rounds you got the first try at them producing springs. They said to just cut off a few coils so if you find that one end of your spring isn't finished properly you got the old springs that they chopped. They are working at having new springs made that are made properly to hold ten rounds and have 2 finished ends but I have not seen any new ones yet. I hope you get the new version but I doubt that you are.

Just got a set of 5 changed out and they all hold 10 and work great.

gerritm

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/6/2020 at 11:27 AM, AzShooter said:

I settled on the Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite with all the Volquartsen options I could find.  It's now a Black Mamba and shoots great.  I run Eley Practice from it mostly but anything I try shoots well.   My backup is a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 L also with all internal VQ parts.

with red background.jpg

Hi. I like the metal stand. Is it possible to order somewhere? Barrel lenght choice dependes of the shooting style and shooter skill. I shot the MKIII Target 4,5". After few years I switched to the MKIII Competition Target 6,88". The 4,5" is far more comfortable for more target dynamic shooting. For target Bullseye shooting is the 6,88" more acurate for advanced shooter. 

On 9/3/2020 at 2:05 AM, Jarofox said:

Hi. I like the metal stand. Is it possible to order somewhere? Barrel lenght choice dependes of the shooting style and shooter skill. I shot the MKIII Target 4,5". After few years I switched to the MKIII Competition Target 6,88". The 4,5" is far more comfortable for more target dynamic shooting. For target Bullseye shooting is the 6,88" more acurate for advanced shooter. 

The stand is from HPTACTICAL.COM