Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CK Arms limited solution

Rpope423

I currently shoot a STI Eagle 6in Bull barrel but I’ve been doing some research on custom 2011 builds, I’d love to have  custom atlas but financials can’t fund it. I’ve come dine to a CK arms limited solution with everything I’d like and it’s not a bad deal.

my question, has anybody ordered a gun from CK arms and how was your experience and overall thought of the Gunsmithing?

Edited by Rpope423

Hey Rusty, from the last couple matches I’ve shot with you it seems you shoot that Eagle just fine haha. I have a CK Thunder open gun you are free to try anytime you’re at TAC2 or next time I’m up at Kettlefoot if you’re there. I personally haven’t handled a ton of custom 2011, but the ones I have seen have mostly been Atlas. The fit and finish on my CK is phenomenal and the gun has been absolutely reliable. The custom Atlas has nicer details, cuts, options, etc., but I can’t say they were any smoother or worked any better then the Thunder. For the money and craftsmanship I would go with CK again in a heartbeat, and plan to for my next Limited gun. I haven’t had to have the gun worked on or dealt with Bobby personally but have also heard good things from the service side of the company. 

I didn’t order from CK, but purchased thru Shooters Connection. I’ve got a Hardcore Limited and Hardcore Open. The limited gun was 100% right out of the box. On the open gun I sent the barrel back to Matt and had him deepen the chamber so I could load out to 1.165” and had him alignment ream the comp as I was getting some keyholing due to a very slight comp impact. After those fixes the open gun has been 100%. Fit and finish wise I am very happy with the guns.

That doesn't sound like a very small problem, to me.

I didn’t say it was a very small problem. I said a very slight impact on the comp causing bullets to tumble. Matt fixed it and had the barrel back to me within a week. I was very pleased with his response time on the fix and the gun has been 100% for me since then.

I currently shoot a STI Eagle 6in Bull barrel but I’ve been doing some research on custom 2011 builds, I’d love to have  custom atlas but financials can’t fund it. I’ve come dine to a CK arms limited solution with everything I’d like and it’s not a bad deal.

my question, has anybody ordered a gun from CK arms and how was your experience and overall thought of the Gunsmithing?
Lots of great used limited guns for sale on here. Ive bought two that run great within the last year. Don't overlook the gems you can find at a bargain

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've owned most of the major builders guns. This is one man's opinion of actual gun building skill, not ornamentation.

1. Bedell  or akai

2. Gans or CK

3. Most others

Take it fwiw!

Edited by jcc7x7

19 hours ago, Rpope423 said:

Have you looked at PT honcho Race shop? You can use their gun builder and price out a Limited only gun one caliber and IMO get a nicer setup for similar or less cost than the CK limited solution depending on options. Example, a sight block Butler cut 40 cal stainless steel evo gripped limited gun comes in under $3200

On 1/5/2020 at 9:09 AM, Rpope423 said:

I suggest waiting and building up the funds to get exactly want you want instead of getting something now that fits your budget.  If you did go forward in getting a CK Solution I'm sure you will be happy with it but in the back of your mind you will still want that Atlas (or whatever maker that is currently out of your price range). If your STI Eagle works fine than keep shooting it and as your skills improve you realize the options you want in a custom gun.  Hope this helps.

On 1/8/2020 at 3:11 PM, HIREDgun45 said:

I suggest waiting and building up the funds to get exactly want you want instead of getting something now that fits your budget.  If you did go forward in getting a CK Solution I'm sure you will be happy with it but in the back of your mind you will still want that Atlas (or whatever maker that is currently out of your price range). If your STI Eagle works fine than keep shooting it and as your skills improve you realize the options you want in a custom gun.  Hope this helps.

I'm going to lean the other way. I've got a gun from Freedom Gunworks that I love and was built exactly how I wanted, but I recognize a bunch of money can be saved by going to a "Floor model" like The Solution from CK Arms as they're built by the same guy. If I was starting over, I'd get The Solution and spend the balance I saved on ammo. 

9 minutes ago, LMS said:

Alright @Will_M, I have to know why you have Bruce Hoadley as your avatar!

Bruce Hoadley is the greatest wood identifier in the world.

He wrote my favorite book "Identifying Wood".

cce.jpg

Edited by Will_M

1 minute ago, Will_M said:

Bruce Hoadley is the greatest wood identifier in the world.

He wrote my favorite book "Identifying Wood".

Read my copy cover to cover - I think I bought it in the late 80's.

I'm going to lean the other way. I've got a gun from Freedom Gunworks that I love and was built exactly how I wanted, but I recognize a bunch of money can be saved by going to a "Floor model" like The Solution from CK Arms as they're built by the same guy. If I was starting over, I'd get The Solution and spend the balance I saved on ammo. 
I agree and this is the way I'm going to go. Even if you add all of the options to the solution except for the metal grip, your still under 3k.

I think it's an unbeatable deal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Race shop pt honcho is under 3k with an aluminum grip, sight block barrel and would come with a ready to go 2lb trigger job. Can’t comment on the solution stock trigger but I know general consensus is factory ck guns have sub par stock triggers. pt is a much better deal imo

• 2 weeks later...
Race shop pt honcho is under 3k with an aluminum grip, sight block barrel and would come with a ready to go 2lb trigger job. Can’t comment on the solution stock trigger but I know general consensus is factory ck guns have sub par stock triggers. pt is a much better deal imo
Delayed post, but yeah. For a few hundred more it's pretty hard to argue against this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk