Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GMR 15 issue

Jonesjohnm

I received my new JP PCC, the pin and welded muzzle brake is clocked around 3 degrees off. Any suggestions. I’m not trying to be a dick but when you pay that much for a rifle, you expect some QC.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Jonesjohnm said:

I received my new JP PCC, the pin and welded muzzle brake is clocked around 3 degrees off. Any suggestions. I’m not trying to be a dick but when you pay that much for a rifle, you expect some QC.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

Most 5.56 guns have clocked comps. It’s probably the same for your JP. Just shoot them an email and ask if that’s the case.

Are you certain it's really off?  Maybe it's designed that way to counter the torque of the bullet/rifling.....I've never heard anybody complain about JP QC before.....

Yes, I’m 100% it’s off. I used SS dowels through the comp with the receiver on a flat surface. It’s quite a few degrees off. It’s visible to the eye though, as it drew my attention.

I don’t know if it was intended that way. I’ll contact them. It doesn’t affect performance, but again it’s noticeable to the eye and for a $1750 rifle I expect a little more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...