Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I know that this is supposed to add weight to the front of the gun. For those who have used them, are they actually any better? How did your 2011 pistol behave with it versus without it?

I havent used one but I was thinking that this could assist in an improved feel having a little more weight in front and might assist in the second faster shots?

If you want weight in front, tungsten guide rod is a way of accomplishing that for sure. 

They will change the feel of the gun and how it recoils, it's up to the shooter to decide if it's what they want. I have a tungsten guide rod in my 5 inch SDC gun, it softens it up and mimics the balance of my 6 inch SDC guns with steel guide rods.

I haven't tried one in my 2011, but my 5" M&P .40 felt much better after installing the tungsten guide rod. Seemed to take some of the snap out of the recoil. 

Had one on my STI Edge. Can't say that it was a huge help, especially in split times.
Then I got a custom 2011 with a DPM system which I liked a lot and installed that in my Edge too so my backup gun would mimic my match gun a little more closely.
In my humble opinion, not really worth the money....

Most of my SVs have them.

I am not subtle enough to discern measurable differences but with VV320 and 200 gr zero at 167 PF my guns are very soft and smooth.  I had more than one Chrono guy say my  gun was the softest shooter.  Both at Nationals and Area matches.

On a bad note: a long time ago, I had a STI TGR break.  Their free replacement broke.  

Stopped using STI s#!t a long ago, too many other good products.

To me, it depends upon the gun.  I feel like it makes a noticable difference in Major PF standard dustcover guns.  Less so for Minor PF and in full length dustcover guns.  Test it out and run some drills. 

My friend had a tungsten GR from an SV - I noticed when comparing to the STI DVC GR, that the SVI's tungsten GR are just a tad shorter. Have you guys noticed that? I guess if I got the SVI tungsten and put it in my STI DVC, will that be ok - using the same STI plug.