Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Snuggle Time

colt22man

Pure joy when my rescue dog walks up to me and asks for lap time.

She was a hard bitter dog when my wife and I rescued her.

Nearly sent her back but she was marked for euthanasia. Instead we went to a trainer for 3 sessions a week for 2 month’s. She slowly came around. She still needs a sprenger collar when going on walks. 

Her face has softened, shows a playful personality and is very vocal about her needs(food, potty time, play time, treats, walks).

She’s on my lap as I post😎

On 1/3/2020 at 11:21 AM, Powder Finger said:

that was my current cow dog except she was very obedient just didn't like us or anyone that much. I guess I would feel the same if I spent my 1st year in the pound.

Your right. Rescues from the pound do not receive any affection or attention. Takes alot of time, effort and patience for what is hopefully a positive break thru.

• 5 months later...

My dog is at least a double-rescue and when we first got her she chewed and clawed up the doors, tore the curtains, and ate two stuffed birds my grandfather show when my mum was little. After a month, right as my mum was about at her wits end she just chilled out. It's like a switch flipped and she went "huh, I guess I live here now..." and it's been smooth sailing since.