Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon SRO 2.5 MOA Issues

CSALAF

Has anyone had any issues with these new optics? I bought a brand new one and went to the range to dial it in at 10 yards. On the "first" shot the dot went out. I have plenty of optics and had a spare battery which I replaced. The dot came on to a very low setting which I was able to adjust. Got back on the range shot again and the dot went off. Not very satisfied with this type of performance I brought it back to the local dealer. They gave me another brand new one to try. Went back to the range within 30 minutes got set up and the first shot on the 2nd new optic the dot went out. I was in awe and just decided to shoot again. The dot came on. It ran for about 4 mags which I was dialed in. A couple a shots into the 5th mag the dot went out. I'm not sure what's going on. I have another one coming in today. Will go to the range to see if this one works. I love the optic but it has to work.

Edited by CSALAF

Make sure you really tighten the battery cap. Despite the manual saying tighten to initial resistance, my experience is the dot may be intermittent or not work at all if you haven't really tightened down the battery cap. It is a bit awkward because of the angle of the cap and the placement of the rear lens housing. 

While every dot has some issues, the SRO has generally been quite reliable for me, my wife, and many friends. 

I put a SRO 2.5 on my open gun and every time I would shoot east or southeast I would get a star burst of dots. I sent it in  and I just got a message that they could not fix it and will send a new one. Thankful for great customer service .

Edited by Slide4949

The battery cap was "extremely" tight when I took it off and when I replaced it with a new battery. The second optic seemed to work okay but I'm trying these out for USPSA matches and don't want any failures. I appreciate the comments. Hopefully the third optic works because I really like this optic. I run Trijicon RMR type 2's, DPP Pros, Sig Romeo 1 Pros. This optic gives me the best field of view. I want it to work.  

2 minutes ago, CSALAF said:

The battery cap was "extremely" tight when I took it off and when I replaced it with a new battery.

Suggest you put a light coat of Vaseline on the rubber seal.  Makes it much easier to get the cap off, and to re-tighten it.