Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TSO, Holster suggestions for Limited/3 gun

KyleJ

Hey all, I have a TSO ordered and should be here by this weekend. I am looking at putting together my rig and have a couple of questions. My immediate plan is to shoot USPSA limited but I eventually want to work into three gun as well. For a little more than I was going to spend on a hanger/holster from Ben Stoeger, I can get into a race holster from Ghost or DAA. I am a little apprehensive about retention when running and shooting prone in three gun. This is my first jump into shooting sports so my concerns may be unfounded, but I would like the opinons of experts. 

For USPSA I run my TSO in a Guga Ribas.  For 3-gun I bought a Red Hill Tactical Level 2 holster with the hood.  Unfortunately at the time I didn't have the TSO and ordered it for a TS with no thumb pedal.  I run the TS for the couple 3-gun matches that I shoot per year.  

16 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

For USPSA I run my TSO in a Guga Ribas.  For 3-gun I bought a Red Hill Tactical Level 2 holster with the hood.  Unfortunately at the time I didn't have the TSO and ordered it for a TS with no thumb pedal.  I run the TS for the couple 3-gun matches that I shoot per year.  

I was kind of thinking a race holster would give me some adaptability for the future. I know I want to play with a RDS and larger *thumb rest [generic]* in the future. I'm not against a different holster for different purposes either, I anticipate the majority of my shooting will be USPSA. 

On 12/30/2019 at 6:52 PM, KyleJ said:

That looks ideal. Thanks for the suggestion! 

My LS holster for my tso is flawless and works perfectly with the thumb rest. Good coverage for 3 gun no snag on the draw.

20190226_142800_resized_1.jpg

20190226_142754_resized_1.jpg

Edited by inertia

I've ran my TSO in 3gun and IPSC for 2 full years now in a DAA Race Master holster. Works great. On a stage where you start by drawing handgun, I leave it unlocked and have a race holster. On all other stages I leave it locked, and then I have a fast Level 2 retention holster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...