Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig MPX-PCC trigger

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this is by no means an in depth review...  but overall I’m really happy with the Timney DH3.  It’s been flawless for operations for about 1500 rounds so far. Everyone I’ve let play with it agreed that it’s a great feeling trigger. 

The only downfall is cost. Oh well

On 2/17/2020 at 8:05 PM, Sean_ht said:

I heard about the new Hiperfire PHANTOM. Very promising (at least in their ads!). 

Saying that, after shooting around 1k, I like the Hiperfire HIPERTOUCH (with the lighter spring). I have bought some spare springs for the firing pin.

I have shot many rounds with the following trigger brands: Geissele, Elftman, and CMC. This Hiperfire trigger is different. Can't say in a good or bad way. It does not give a crisp brake kind of feeling. It is more like a polished trigger to a point that it just make a surprise brake. It was a very odd feeling at the beginning, but now that I get use to it, I like it very much.

I couldn’t get used to the hiperfire on an AR platform. Like you said, the break wasn’t as clean. To me, I like the trigger break to be highly

predictable. Obviously the hiperfire a great trigger and I’m splitting hairs, but I still prefer the more traditional setups like Elftmann. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/1/2020 at 8:55 PM, Bdh821 said:

Ok, this is by no means an in depth review...  but overall I’m really happy with the Timney DH3.  It’s been flawless for operations for about 1500 rounds so far. Everyone I’ve let play with it agreed that it’s a great feeling trigger. 

The only downfall is cost. Oh well

Quick update...

I have removed the DH3 trigger as it has been rittled with problems shortly after posting about it. The hammer would reset, but won’t drop when pulling the trigger. I contacted Timney about it. They sent me some replacement springs which did not solve the problem. I returned it for a refund. 

I have since installed a Hiperfire Eclipse. Hopefully this works better. 

Edited by Bdh821
16 hours ago, NOSHMJ said:

Geissele SSA-E has worked in my MPX for 10000+ rounds now so far.  No issues! 

But $350 for a ~4.5lb 2 stage trigger... The stock Timney in the MPX Competition would be a better option IMO. But if it works and you like it, that’s all that really matters 

I don't think I'm a Geissele fan anymore... seems they're going the route of Knights Armament Corps and you end up paying a hefty premium more so for the "name" than performance... But, at least they're still like a 30/70% part-vs-name ratio versus KAC's 5/95%... was looking for an Aimpoint battery cover, OEM $15, KAC $50 lol 😆

On 12/30/2019 at 11:06 AM, Sean_ht said:

Is the 3.5 lb this one?

https://timneytriggers.com/ar-pcc-trigger/

The reason I am asking is in their website, the only trigger they mark as MPX compatible is the 4.5 lb black one ( https://timneytriggers.com/sig-mpx-trigger/). 

Does anyone have any experience with the Elftmann AR-9 trigger? In the description, it says it is compatible with the MPX and it has a low trigger pull. The only downside is it is a two stage trigger (based on the look of their trigger).

I have an Elftmann, but I don't think it's an AR-9. I got my MPX used and the Elftmann was in it. The hammer follows the bolt sometimes, which is not an uncommon problem with 9mm rifles in general. I talked to Elftmann and they are fairly sure it just needs the slightly heavier spring that comes in the AR-9, as that's how they've fixed a number of triggers with the same issue. I haven't gotten around to pulling it out of the gun yet to send it back to them. There's no PCC nearby anyway, and with the covid...

Mine has almost no creep. You really have to look for it. It has a straight bow that I really like.

• 9 months later...
On 12/30/2019 at 3:16 PM, inertia said:

You didn't specify but I assume you dont have the new mpx pcc that came with the 4.5 Timney. If you are new to this game the Timney 3.5 is probably best reliability/cost/performance ballance, I have seen them on sale real cheap. The ELF will be very good and should not give you any problems, if the little bit more $ is non issue its solid choice. If you want to try the 4.5 timney send me a message I may be able to help, I have one sitting in my bin of triggers.

I also have the black one in the box new for the MPX. The Gold singlr stage is 3 pounds and comes with the same exact steel sear guars for the trigger as the MPX bolt velocities are vicious on triggers. The black on is so crisp and beautifull you cannot feel the difference in the gold or black single stage flat blade Timneys.They are both like snapping an old glass mercury thermometer!! And the resest,lol,, all you have to do is think about it and it resets!!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the 3-gun model of Hyperfire in both of my MPXs.

They both break at 2#.

Even though I haven’t had any problems with either of mine, I installed an Eclipse in a fellow shooter’s Matrix Arms PCC a couple years ago, and he borrowed my extra MPX because his gun was doubling, and then apparently had hammer follow 

23 hours ago, RH45 said:

I have the 3-gun model of Hyperfire in both of my MPXs.

They both break at 2#.

Even though I haven’t had any problems with either of mine, I installed an Eclipse in a fellow shooter’s Matrix Arms PCC a couple years ago, and he borrowed my extra MPX because his gun was doubling, and then apparently had hammer follow 

My friend has worn out a few disconnector springs in his eclipse triggers in mpx, but they're all the older style disconnector.  they added some material at the back to help overcompressing the spring.  i've read they'll send the updated one if you own the old version, i gotta get a couple for mine. 

1 hour ago, DavidSeavey said:

My friend has worn out a few disconnector springs in his eclipse triggers in mpx, but they're all the older style disconnector.  they added some material at the back to help overcompressing the spring.  i've read they'll send the updated one if you own the old version, i gotta get a couple for mine. 

I actually emailed them and can’t get a response 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd personally recommend an Elftmann Tactical AR-9 trigger. 

https://www.elftactical.com/ELF-AR-9-Trigger_p_66.html

Best PCC or AR-15 trigger on the market imo. I have shot Hyperfire, Timney, and Geissele and Elftmann is the best trigger I have ever felt. Fully adjustable trigger from 4 to 2.75 lbs. 

If you're interested in one, PM me and I can get you one.