Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts on Taccom Gemini Project caddie?

theix

I'm just getting into Shotgun IPSC. Shooters in my local range use and recommend shotshell carrier from King Competition but I find it expensive. Probably too expensive for a beginner.

Then I came across the Taccom Project Gemini. The main difference is that Taccom Gemini does not have magnets and it's a lot cheaper than King Competition.

I figured it's been released relatively recently as there's no youtube VDO about it.

Here's the link to Taccom Project Gemini. https://taccom3g.com/product/project-gemini-16up-shotgun-caddy/

Would you recommend the Taccom Gemini for a beginner? Would Sport series be a better choice for a beginner?

Edited by theix

I have not used the Gemini caddies, but I have used Taccom caddies for several years. The 8s4q’s are great. I used the predecessor for a long time and now have some of the current models, they are good to go. I would like to try the Gemini’s, they look fantastic. But I am still crushing shotgun stages with the old stuff, and am not losing any ground to anyone based on caddy choice. 

I am using the Gemini's and am rather new to the load 2 and load 4's.  If your positive about what shells you practice with are the same ones that you shoot a match with, then it shouldn't be a problem.  They have a tension adjustment so due to small changes between brands and versions it might increase or decrease tension, which will cause issues on match day if you switch things up.  Other than that they work pretty good to me, recently ordered the chest harness to save on belt real estate. (Using the 12x and 16x.). All aluminum and steel except the backer plate that they mount to is the polymer, so should last forever.

Edited by Sc0

11 hours ago, Sc0 said:

I am using the Gemini's and am rather new to the load 2 and load 4's.  If your positive about what shells you practice with are the same ones that you shoot a match with, then it shouldn't be a problem.  They have a tension adjustment so due to small changes between brands and versions it might increase or decrease tension, which will cause issues on match day if you switch things up.  Other than that they work pretty good to me, recently ordered the chest harness to save on belt real estate. (Using the 12x and 16x.). All aluminum and steel except the backer plate that they mount to is the polymer, so should last forever.

Thanks for the input.

By the way, which chest harness you ordered?

• 1 year later...

Yes, they're heavy. EZLOAD belt with curved Kydex panel and good quality Velcro tape held up just fine. Another point I should mention is the short travel length of the shell retention makes it difficult to use different shell length. It's doable but will take good amount of time to adjust the position.