Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belt Keepers

Malarky112

Just out of curiosity how many belt keepers (if any) do you guys run on your USPSA rigs? 

I run two Velcro, one in front of mags and one in front of holster, with a plastic slide on type (from Shooters connection) for the overlap in the back. 

I’m surprised at how many ppl I see without any. Twice I’ve seen shooters almost loose their entire belt when they catch them on something. Once at an area level match during walk thrus, two shooters bumped into each other and another time during a run a shooter caught his belt on a wall while backing up. 

Ive also found that not too many places sell them. 

Just 1. I have 2 spares cause I keep loosing them. After I get done I wrap them around the handles of my range bag so I don’t loose them. I haven’t had my gun belt fall off in a match or practice cause I use the keeper. During dryfire tho, my belt has fallen off. That alone will always make me use it when I’m dealing with a loaded gun. 

I don't use them, but a friend of mine use a few smaller zip ties as his keepers.  Seems to work well.  Just have to have small pliers/snips in your bag to cut them off.

Edited by oddjob

Used to run just one at the overlap in back.  Upgraded to the Atlas ratcheting belt so now run one in front of the holster to make sure it doesn't creep forward.  Dunno if it's necessary but it's better than getting bumped to Open.

I am thinking about 3D printing some clip on ones to go in front and behind the magazine holders for the same reason.

Edited by admcd