Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21 with 200 gr swc

Dwbsig

Got a used mod.21 45 acp and I’m having problems while shooting 200 gr swc . While trouble shooting  the loaded round is coming out of the chamber and is catching the case mouth of the round in the mag and the extractor is coming off the rim of the round coming out of the barrel. Picture attached pic worth another paragraph lol. Can somebody tell me how to fix this.

CFF9BF1E-D901-4DC6-95F6-395B2E30A1BB.jpeg

Edited by Dwbsig

I have a g21 and g30 too, won't run either.    The geometry keeps hitting the shoulder on the swc.    Interestingly, I run 200gr SWC in a g37 45 gap with no problems, but its got a different geometry..

• 2 weeks later...

So my original Gen 1 Glock 21 ran 200gr swc's great. I had a Wilson barrel with conventional rifling that shot into an inch at 25 yards. Then the extractor broke and I was told Glock had a new design. I had to send it to Glock to have the slide milled for the new style extractor. When I got it back, it would no longer feed 200s and did exactly the same thing shown in the pictures.  I was very disappointed.  Since then I have had multiple 21s and 30s, and none would feed 200 swc.

• 10 months later...
On 1/13/2020 at 9:30 AM, orangeride said:

Like most people I had issues with 200gr swc in my glock .45’s. I found if I took the OAL as long as would fit in the mag I could get them to run pretty decent. 

This is what I did.  I have G30 that would not shoot them for nothing. I extended the COAL and ran -1 in the mag or ran a G21 mag and no issues so far. Only 100 or so down range so not a true success story yet, but a move in the right direction. 

On 1/13/2020 at 8:30 AM, orangeride said:

Like most people I had issues with 200gr swc in my glock .45’s. I found if I took the OAL as long as would fit in the mag I could get them to run pretty decent. 

What was the OAL that worked for you? I rand about 50 through a 30s today and they ran fine. My oal is 1.241

• 2 months later...